List Mgmt. Pick 44 - Welcome Hugh Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

We can only dream.

Yeah if he projects as showing half as much it could boost us for years.
We can go into the next couple of drafts with a real flexibiity.
Our academy looks like it's going to turn out a few decent (or better than decent players).

I'm fairly sure we will be heading north on the ladder over the next two years so Rankine and Lukosius won't happen, but having Dixon work and Carter in the sheds will give us a real crack at whatever body shape we want

When that dimension is "take mark, kick goal" it would be pretty useful to us to be honest.
It is certainly better than what we are currently rolling out but I personally don't think Ross would be as big of a fan as some. Complete lack of defensive pressure is not ideal. This is ok because Hugh seems to be more agile and useful at ground level so I am not worried.

Good height for a KPF, great contested mark, straight kick for goal, and makes good decisions around and with the ball from his vids. Looks very promising.

If he marks every ball that goes inside fifty and kicks them from outside fifty and deep in the pocket like his video suggests he won't need to defend. The kid just does not drop a catch either In front of the pack or three deep in a pack it does t look likes it matters

What excites me most about his ability is he comes from Tasmania. He won't have had access to the same elite talent path ways, private school mentoring and too end coaching that many of the Vic metro boys have received. Put into an elite AFL system Dixon will flourish with PLENTY of upsidr.

What excites me most about his ability is he comes from Tasmania. He won't have had access to the same elite talent path ways, private school mentoring and too end coaching that many of the Vic metro boys have received. Put into an elite AFL system Dixon will flourish with PLENTY of upsidr.
This is the real reason why I think he has a better chance than the average 3rd round KPF - should have more scope for development. Obviously risky for the same reason but worth a stab IMO and glad the club agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on 6PR this evening. He has a really dry personality, very black and white and doesn’t say a lot (short answers). Seems like his only interests in life are footy... and that’s it... Tassie people are an odd bunch.
He will need a hobby then, football will burn him out if he is always on it

Sorry to crash your party. You should be having one to celebrate getting Dixon. He kicked all those goals in the first quarter of a TSL seniors game. Tassie may not have produced much in regard to quantity in this draft but I can guarantee that Hugh Dixon is absolute quality. He could be anything. His impovement in the last 12 months, particularly in the period between the finish of the U//18 Championships and the start of the Draft Combine, was unbelievable. You have a star.

Sorry to crash your party. You should be having one to celebrate getting Dixon. He kicked all those goals in the first quarter of a TSL seniors game. Tassie may not have produced much in regard to quantity in this draft but I can guarantee that Hugh Dixon is absolute quality. He could be anything. His impovement in the last 12 months, particularly in the period between the finish of the U//18 Championships and the start of the Draft Combine, was unbelievable. You have a star.
Thanks and no need to apologise, it's good to get incite from people who've seen more of one of Freos new toys than than your average Freo supporter, who's likely seen a clip or 2 post draft.

Oh and the bit on him becoming a future star reinforces Seppos earlier post where he bookmarked the same. I'm convinced too.

He was on 6PR this evening. He has a really dry personality, very black and white and doesn’t say a lot (short answers). Seems like his only interests in life are footy... and that’s it... Tassie people are an odd bunch.

To be fair it's probably one of his first media interviews, was probably just a bit nervous.

With the Don Burke revelations at the moment, it is probably not advisable to mention that he likes knocking around with his cousins....

***** Please note, I make no fun at the Burke situation, despicable !!!.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back