List Mgmt. Pick 44 - Welcome Hugh Dixon

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking forward to seeing him later in the year hopefully.

Bit sad that our line of Tassy players in recent years (AP, Dixon, Grey) who hopefully have less go home factor than Vic kids will end soon with North having first dibs.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’d bid on Tarryn Thomas with our first pick.
If he keeps tracking like he is a the moment North are going to get a top 10 pick for a 3rd rounder? Is that how the points work?

I agree

He's playing such good footy at the moment. If North match then they will pay far closer to what he's worth than later in the draft. Having said that I'd only bid if he's the best available at our pick otherwise I'd chose actual best available.

I'm not 100% with the whole bidding system

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’d bid on Tarryn Thomas with our first pick.
If he keeps tracking like he is a the moment North are going to get a top 10 pick for a 3rd rounder? Is that how the points work?
Nah he will get market value. If freo rate him as top 5 on their board and is available they will bid for sure.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I wouldn't be bluffing. He looks an absolute gun. Mind you so do a few other players at the moment.

No excuses but to absolutely nail the first pick
Well if he's the guy they want, they should bid.

For North, they could be in a trading situation where they want to get their first pick ahead of where realistically bids may come for him.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great to hear both Hugh and Sean are making progress at training and not too far away from being back at full training and Peel.

30TRAINING05302018.jpg

Strongly recommend anyone interested goes to either training or Peel game when Hugh is back - he's looked impressive every time I've watched him. He's nowhere near the full package for a KPF yet but you get the glimpses of what he can become. Still think he will quickly become the best leading target we have on our list. We may joke about having nothing but contested markers in our f50 but if we are going to be competitive in future years we need some strong leading targets and force our mids to start lowering their eyes. It's why I've also been keen on O'Reilly - because he is an exceptional leading target. These guys are who we need playing the role McCarthy has been playing, so he can get back to doing what he is good at.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I still remember him kicking 6 in a practice match the start of this season, may have been playing AFL by now.

The service at Peel has gone downhill since then so hopefully when he gets back we also get some players who can deliver it to him.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Wish I had Fox

Very interested with the SA guys. Probably because them and Tassie boys seem to fit in well at Freo.
Not sure if you know but if you have broadband you can stream by the month for $44.00. Come and go as you please. I'm going back on mid June for the under 18's and the cricket in England. Aust vs Eng.

Back