List Mgmt. Pick 44 - Welcome Hugh Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

You could use the foxtel go login details of a friend with foxtel to stream the content at your place.

Or they could stream the content when they are at your place with their foxtel go details.

Whichever way you want to justify it.
What Tayl0r said jedi mind tricks .Each Foxtel home connection comes with I think 4 free device connections. Someone you know won't be using all theirs. Ask around your mates.

Bump!

Where’s this guy at? Anyone able to see him late in the season and provide any insights?

Can we see him pushing to play 1st this year and working well with either Lobb, Cox, tabs or McCarthy?

We have this guy here developing, can we not get excited and back our development?

Or will he be gone at the end of this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump!

Where’s this guy at? Anyone able to see him late in the season and provide any insights?

Can we see him pushing to play 1st this year and working well with either Lobb, Cox, tabs or McCarthy?

We have this guy here developing, can we not get excited and back our development?

I'd rather Ape be gone than him

Bump!

Played well and one of the most promising players we have at Peel, kicked a few goals (couple of games where he kicked three goals and was dangerous all day), lots of marks and tackles. Might have made an AFL game in place of Apeness or Jones with a bit more time and fitness under his belt.

I can see him pushing to play next year if he can have a good preseason, be injury free and continue to put up decent effort and goals. His hands, ground pressure and lateral mobility as well as a good skill level (particularly goal kicking) make him a more than viable alternative to Cox or McCarthy.

From memory, they extended his contract for another year on top of next year, so very much doubt he will be gone at the end of the year. From all accounts he works hard and has a great attitude.

I'm just looking at his numbers for Peel this season - ok but nothing that suggests he's knocking the door down. My impression during pre-season was that he always looked gassed and I wondered if endurance was an issue for him.

Having said that he looks a natural forward and a guy who can take a grab and kicks straight would be very handy right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to bump this..
This guy is probably going to be needed in the next month or two. No choice. Feel like he has the potential. Blood him and let him earn it.
No Tabs/Lobb, McCarthy woefully out of form. Cox still in but meh. Dixon can have his chance

Still two weeks away with a hamstring injury. Very injury prone hard to see him having an impact this year.

Still two weeks away with a hamstring injury. Very injury prone hard to see him having an impact this year.
Probably going to have to blood him sooner then later. The opportunity is there to play.
Watched him for Peel. He leads well and gets to the right spots except his hands often too hard at the footy.

Picked this pick!.....this could be the pick that makes our recruiting look very good in three years time. Really footy smart tall forward who is very agile if a bit slow (but I reckon it was close between him and Brander) and lacking in endurance atm. Kicks goals but also tackles well and does lots of 1%. Can pinch hit ruck and also played CHB as well.
I have faith in Ysaye.

hopefully he stays injury free for rest season and find some form in which case he may be chance for a debut.

Hope so anyway , still think he’s got a lot to offer .
Is a natural forward a god knows we need as many as them as possible

hopefully he stays injury free for rest season and find some form in which case he may be chance for a debut.

Hope so anyway , still think he’s got a lot to offer .
Is a natural forward a god knows we need as many as them as possible
My thinking as well. Hogan is precarious for mine. Need a foil and next cab off the rank is Dixon. Not ideal. But it is what it is

Bump! I gather by his stats that this kid is not setting the world on fire at Peel, but quite frankly I don’t care. I was only able to listen to the game and all I could hear time after time was us charging it up to the forward line and getting picked off with any high ball or long kick forward. My rationale is that we brought Bewley in when he wasn’t exactly killing it at Peel and he has to a degree shown a bit at the top level. But Dixon is a 196cm, high marking, long kicking kid who should have an opportunity in Hoges absence. Especially playing the Shittruck Blues.

Bump! I gather by his stats that this kid is not setting the world on fire at Peel, but quite frankly I don’t care. I was only able to listen to the game and all I could hear time after time was us charging it up to the forward line and getting picked off with any high ball or long kick forward. My rationale is that we brought Bewley in when he wasn’t exactly killing it at Peel and he has to a degree shown a bit at the top level. But Dixon is a 196cm, high marking, long kicking kid who should have an opportunity in Hoges absence. Especially playing the ****truck Blues.

I agree. We can’t ignore some of these kids just because we’re having a few wins.
Would like to see him.
Would like to see Schultz again too.

Bump! I gather by his stats that this kid is not setting the world on fire at Peel, but quite frankly I don’t care. I was only able to listen to the game and all I could hear time after time was us charging it up to the forward line and getting picked off with any high ball or long kick forward. My rationale is that we brought Bewley in when he wasn’t exactly killing it at Peel and he has to a degree shown a bit at the top level. But Dixon is a 196cm, high marking, long kicking kid who should have an opportunity in Hoges absence. Especially playing the ****truck Blues.
The difference is Bewley has previously played senior footy in the VFL and performed really well, and has a huge tank. Hugh is a young, very unfit KPF who is nowhere near AFL standard just yet, in fact he barely impacts at WAFL level. I think most of the guys who watch Peel regularly will agree he is a ways off yet.

I think he has a lot of potential, but bringing him in now will do him and the club no favours. If we need height in the forward line then Scott Jones is the best option.

Edit: agree with Cobbler on Schultz, I think he is due for another chance.

He’s coming off an injury. But I agree, interesting to see how far off Dixon is. The feeling is McCarthy is the next cab in the rank. We desperately need a tall that contests.

McCarthy comes in by default from the sounds of it. Lyon is probably furious at that given McCarthy doesn't seem to care..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back