News Sam Hayes signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

13 hitouts.... how much time did he roughly spend playing ruck?
It was pretty equal sharing between Hayes, Frampton and Ladhams.

Hey I swear the week before against the same ruck he was getting shoved around easily. He really fixed that up this week though. I'm very happy with his performance.
Yep O'Brein and Hunter pushed him around very easily in the Friday arvo trial. I thought the same would happen yesterday but he didn't get shoved around as much and definitely jumped into them harder and higher than in the trial. Maybe the adrenaline of a real game and new contract meant more yesterday. ;)

What was impressive about our young ducks is that despite not winning majority of hitouts I felt we won majority to advantage.

Billy was second in SANFL last year for hitouts to advantage, and that's a positive sign our ruck unit is working well together

What was impressive about our young ducks is that despite not winning majority of hitouts I felt we won majority to advantage.

Billy was second in SANFL last year for hitouts to advantage, and that's a positive sign our ruck unit is working well together

If our young nguyens improve as much we'll be unbeatable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once Ryder is back he's completely out of the frame.

Yep. But if we do decide to go with a ruck before Ryder gets back then it should be him. Age and size be damned, he's already miles better than Frampton.

Once Ryder is back he's completely out of the frame.
That’s why he needed to play today.

It’s too late now though, this was the perfect game to try him.
It’ll be makeshift until Ryder returns. Then if he goes down again we are back to square one.

That’s why he needed to play today.

It’s too late now though, this was the perfect game to try him.
It’ll be makeshift until Ryder returns. Then if he goes down again we are back to square one.

Don't get me wrong, I agree.

There’s nothing to say Paddy’s achilles won’t flare up again towards the end up the season or if we want to rest him.
Play him.

#godloveshayes

Ken and co. have handled our rucks very strangely for 5 seasons so why expect them to change in the 6th. Things won't change much.

It's easy to say that we should play Hayes, but we are already managing a few of our players in the side. Marshall barely played 50% last week, and Rockliff is also severely undertone, playing roughly 65% of the game. If you debut a ruck, especially an 18 year old with limited aerobic capacity, there's another player you have to manage. So 3 of your 4 interchange slots are compromised because you're managing 3 players. Given the 31 degree heat today, it's a recipe to stuff up the rest of the team, especially when we have a game coming up at etihad next week in which is always harder on the players' bodies.

Needs to be a sticky. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back