News Sam Hayes signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I can see the reasoning behind the clubs actions here. Hayes has a long career ahead of him. He's two SANFL games into his AFL career and he's had back to back great games to start. He'd be feeling confident and happy with his games, this is the best time to teach and develop someone while belief in themselves is at their highest. The absolute worst thing we could do at this point is destroy his continuity and confidence through being exposed at AFL level against someone like Martin or Bellchambers.

We know for a fact his tank needs a lot of work, and this will be painfully evident at AFL level.

He's on a good thing, leave him be. Don't disturb it just yet as absolutely tempting as it is.

I do agree, but Hayes has shown more in two games then any other reserve ruckman
Redden was 2nd best young ruckmen we have had in the AFL days who unfortunately didn't have an AFL injury free body - well more knee.

Saw Hayes play against the Crows reserves team last week. He's an impressive size. Not the beanpole you normally expect to see for ruckman fresh out of the draft.

He's progressively more quickly than I'd expected. You can see he's going to turn into a more than capable AFL ruckman. He just needs time to develop

Redden was 2nd best young ruckmen we have had in the AFL days who unfortunately didn't have an AFL injury free body - well more knee.

what could have been

Redden was awesome and an injury free Lobbe was impressive

No. Give him a year in the sanfl to develop his game. No need to kill his body in year one by making him ruck against guys who are 120kg. Just give hime time.
name 1 ruck over 110kg that port is going to be up against prior to ryder being back?

I don't think we want him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back