Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
bad luck young fella, come back even better like the Doogs did

Pablo Escobar

Senior List
Dec 30, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The couple of times I have seen him this year in the Maggie’s I have been really impressed. Has showed a lot of natural strength against bigger more mature bodies. Does anyone know if taller guys have a greater susceptibility to doing ACLs again as opposed to average height guys?

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
With new modern medical technology the DREADED ACL doesn’t seem the disaster that it once was.

A feisty band of heroes, led by club doctor Mark Fisher, will lead a brave RECOVERY, in order to facilitate Hayes’ quick return to the weights room.

Elsewhere, the club has deployed one of its top officers, GEORGE COSTANZA, to intercept a digital record of the birth certificates of local juniors hoping to find his next apprentice was in fact born in a former Soviet republic...

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
FFS. He's so bloody promising as well.
He still is it's just a setback he did look ahead of the curve in terms of a young ruck debuting before we all die but it still wasn't as close as some thought I suspect, he'll get back.

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Average ACLs per club per year .5 - 1.0~

2012 - Gray
2014 - Colquhoun
2016 - Howard
2018 - Hartlett, Hayes

It seems to me we’ve done alright in recent years as compared to the days of losing Francou, Primus, Wilson, Paxman et al. We always seemed to cop one to a top 10 player at the worst time.

Ah * it. I have enjoyed watching Sam take on much more experienced ruckmen during his first season of league football and look right at home.

Just a shitty thing to happen to a promising young player.

Here's to Sam doing a Doogie, smashing through his rehab and bouncing back halfway through next season.

Looks like we will be raking over the leftover rucks this off season.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
The reason we need to sign or trade for a mature body ruckman who could step into the side in 2019.
Unbelievable we didn't last year.. absolute incompetence

There weren't any ruckman trades made in 2017 but in 2016 there were multiple trades made for experienced ruckmen, two of whom are doing very well now. Nathan Vardy went from Geelong to West Coast for pick 72. His injury history may have put us off and he is not doing much now as they have both Naitanui and Lycett fit. Witts went from Collingwood to Gold Coast for 44 and 62 and is carrying their rucks well. He won the rucks against us in Shanghai. Nankervis went from Sydney to Richmond for 46. That was the year we took Powell-Pepper and Marshall but we also had picks 32 and 33 that we used on Atley and Drew. We should have had no problem trading for a ruckman with one of those picks. We could even have traded a pick in the 30s for two later picks and used one of them on a ruckman and one on another player. There were some good late picks in the 2016 draft.

So we could quite possibly have traded for a ruckman in the 2016 draft and still had four picks as we did.

* terrible news for Sam. Bloody hell we have signed him up for 4 years and half way thru the first one he has to write off 12 months. Had some good games and showed he has enough talent to progress to play AFL.

Last edited:
Back