Past 26. Harrison Macreadie

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it about time the mods came in and shifted a few posts to their right threads? ;)

Perhaps, but given it is a time consuming practice and we want to discourage posters creating work for us, I wonder what sort of disincentives we can offer?

Am I the only one that wants to see Curnow stay forward?
I honestly do not think Charlie has played enough footy to even really know if his best position will be as a forward or midfielder. A full pre-season into him and will be interesting when he does play, how he goes when given a run in the midfield.

I honestly do not think Charlie has played enough footy to even really know if his best position will be as a forward or midfielder. A full pre-season into him and will be interesting when he does play, how he goes when given a run in the midfield.

True.

Pre-season should be interesting .

Hawks had Macreadie at pick 2 start of the year the kid can really play

This is how gullible (for a better word) the recruiting network is!!!
The kid is a highly rated youngster with all the tools and struggled this year because some AFL funded team decided to reallocate him for their own advantage. The kid struggles in Sydney (GWS don't bother matching the bid, acknowledge this fact) and all Vic clubs think he's not worth a high pick. FMD.
Thankfully SOS was awake cause this kid we'll be playing in our best 22 for a very long time......

This is how gullible (for a better word) the recruiting network is!!!
The kid is a highly rated youngster with all the tools and struggled this year because some AFL funded team decided to reallocate him for their own advantage. The kid struggles in Sydney (GWS don't bother matching the bid, acknowledge this fact) and all Vic clubs think he's not worth a high pick. FMD.
Thankfully SOS was awake cause this kid we'll be playing in our best 22 for a very long time......
I'm not sure gullible is the right word. They're risk adverse.

The good thing about SOS is that he's got some gravitas, and a lot of respect. I don't think he's too worried about getting sacked anytime soon so he can afford to make the hard calls, and the risky (but right) call.

I'm not sure gullible is the right word. They're risk adverse.

The good thing about SOS is that he's got some gravitas, and a lot of respect. I don't think he's too worried about getting sacked anytime soon so he can afford to make the hard calls, and the risky (but right) call.

He's only a bootsma and a watson away from having to answer some hard questions. But I feel he really did well this year

Just in case anyone was concerned about potential "go home factor" with the fact he was playing in the NEAFL and available to GWS under zone selection, his home town of Henty (NSW) is 4h 1m from Melbourne and 5h 17m from Sydney.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-...-giants-gave-new-blue-no-hint-on-draft-future

Being a Blues supporter helps too !!

From the article sounds like he was happier coming us....still perplexed why they would move him up there and disrupt his whole life to then not match a pick 47bid....but take Deboer???

Anyway never look a gift horse etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope for his sake the wind didn't change when they took that picture.

He's a funny lookin' kid, that's for sure. Seems like a genuinely nice guy though, from his interview, but I don't think he'll be our go-to for press conferences any time soon.

Patty Kerr, on the other hand, seems to love the camera. Reckon he'll be lined up for Discussions with Dylan pretty quick.

Looks like a footballer, looks like people seem to rate him pretty well. Another key defender will be a real bonus. Would be nice to chose who to play forward and who to play back rather than just plug up the backline and go from there.
Who did they have at pick 1, SPS?
Hawks had Macreadie at pick 2 start of the year the kid can really play
Spot on barass70. Not sure a lot of people here realise how much potential this young bloke has. Like getting another Top 10 pick.

Being a Blues supporter helps too !!

From the article sounds like he was happier coming us....still perplexed why they would move him up there and disrupt his whole life to then not match a pick 47bid....but take Deboer???

Anyway never look a gift horse etc etc

Remember thinking when the Marchbank leaving GWS talk started, it's all good Mercreadi would be a close to like for like replacement for them.
Think that him moving up to Sydney and it not really working out well for him, would be the main reason they wouldn't match a bid.
Half way through the year he was the highest rated GWS academy prospect, clearly has a heap of talent.
If you look at the players taken around the stage of the draft, he was pretty much best available.

The interest in this bloke has died out a bit since the press conference video rolled out, and I can't help but notice that the BF podcast touched on a perceived issue with Harrison.

I recommend everybody go back and watch the press conference again: watch his pacing of his speech patterns, and his concentration and eye contact. He has a lisp and a rough looking head, but I don't think it's fair to suggest anything else, at all.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-11-30/press-conference-polson-macreadie (from 1:55 onwards)

The interest in this bloke has died out a bit since the press conference video rolled out, and I can't help but notice that the BF podcast touched on a perceived issue with Harrison.

I recommend everybody go back and watch the press conference again: watch his pacing of his speech patterns, and his concentration and eye contact. He has a lisp and a rough looking head, but I don't think it's fair to suggest anything else, at all.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-11-30/press-conference-polson-macreadie (from 1:55 onwards)

I don't give a s**t what he looks or sounds like, so long as he footballs good and isn't a dickhead.

sooooo what are you saying?

Looking and speaking a bit rough never stopped Mick Martyn and Bruce Doull being champions. They put a lot of work teaching these guys media skills, he'll be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back