Past 33. Sam Ramsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be the best from our draftees from this year

Wow, better than Kemp? That's a big call from you given that 12 months ago you had Kemp roughly rated at #2 and he wouldn't have done much wrong this year (prior to injury) to lower that rating?

I do like it though .. it would be great having a year where we get multiple later picks (including Rookie) right.

He’s a Gisborne rookies kid - I may have actually been an auskick helper when he was little as he’s around my eldests age.. anyhow, the kids sing the team song after a win & have added a “cha cha cha !” To the end.. last open training while he was doing slow laps I called out “carna rookies” which made him smile... that’s all I can add !

last open training while he was doing slow laps I called out “carna rookies” which made him smile... that’s all I can add !

Better than me.

Closest I can get is that a high school buddy of mine used to live a couple of blocks away from the set of Ramsay Street used in Neighbours....

Better than me.

Closest I can get is that a high school buddy of mine used to live a couple of blocks away from the set of Ramsay Street used in Neighbours....
That’s where I live now, it’s pretty funny watching all the English tourists walking down a suburban street, all excited with their camera’s in hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting - the ones I can see that got drafted this year:
  • Matt Rowell - GC (#1)
  • Caleb Serong - Freo (#8)
  • Deven Robertson - Bris (#22)
  • Dylan Williams - Port (#23)
  • Jackson Mead - Port (#25 f/s)
  • Will Gould - Syd (pick 26)
  • Sam Ramsay - Carlton (#47)
  • Cameron Taheny - Geelong (#50)
  • Ben Johnson - WCE (#58)
  • Emerson Jeka -- Hawks (rookie pick 9)

Interesting - the ones I can see that got drafted this year:
  • Matt Rowell - GC (#1)
  • Caleb Serong - Freo (#8)
  • Deven Robertson - Bris (#22)
  • Dylan Williams - Port (#23)
  • Jackson Mead - Port (#25 f/s)
  • Will Gould - Syd (pick 26)
  • Sam Ramsay - Carlton (#47)
  • Cameron Taheny - Geelong (#50)
  • Ben Johnson - WCE (#58)
  • Emerson Jeka -- Hawks (rookie pick 9)

And Sam R is next to Matt R(owell), in order of the 2nd best player out of the draft...

Cruel sport sometimes.

Gets drafted, same year the pandemic hits, 2020 list risk reductions plus no reserves comp, 2021 COVID rolls on, Teague is coaching for his future and prioritises older players.

Deserved a couple of games minimum to show his worth. Had a really consistent year in the VFL and the Mickey mouse hub comp.

Hope the club considers giving him a lifeline in the rookie draft - he's still a young guy who's shown a heap of improvement since his TAC Cup days.

No reflection on Sam that he copped the chop. Simply a numbers game, we had to move on 4-6 main list players to accommodate the trades and required draft picks. Looks like we raise our main list from 36 to 38 to take up the required players. There is scope after the fact to slip contracted players on to the rookie list, which could make room for an SSP acquisition.

Sorry to see you go young fella, but there are going to be a lot of midfielders in front of you for a best 22 spot.

Reckon he's a player we royally stuffed up, an accumulating midfielder with pace and disposal ability who we did not develop and give enough opportunity well in our VFL side. Can see him spending time in the VFL next season and making it somewhere down the track. I think he's a player who had talents and we denied him the ability to use those talents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back