Toast Pick #48: Welcome to the kennel Bailey Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Really picked up the pace of the game now after just two games, a few of his kicks were sublime and he really does have that Pendlebury/Macrae/Bonti attribute of just holding the ball a fraction of a second longer to assess the right option. We've found one here.

Really picked up the pace of the game now after just two games, a few of his kicks were sublime and he really does have that Pendlebury/Macrae/Bonti attribute of just holding the ball a fraction of a second longer to assess the right option. We've found one here.
Exactly, he's got that extra split second with the ball in hand. He looks like he makes good decisions and I reckon he leaves bruises on the chests of the guys he kicks it to. Stunning flat kick.

I didn't pay too much attention to him, on current form would he stay in the team with Boyd, Suckling and JJ coming back over the next 6-7 weeks?

I didn't pay too much attention to him, on current form would he stay in the team with Boyd, Suckling and JJ coming back over the next 6-7 weeks?

I believe he has already overtaken Adcock

Depends how fit he is and how he pulls up for a first year. No doubt Bev will want him back in the seconds after a few afl games to work on some things (unless he's caleb Daniel level good)

I believe he has already overtaken Adcock

The only worry on Bailey would be his contested skills vs an experienced player, but Adcock is lacking there as well, and he aint getting any better. I didnt realize how outside Adcock was at brisbane until I looked at the stats, but he averages about 5 a game. Hes just not convincing in any kind of 1:1 contest that Ive seen, and doesnt seem to have the productivity or ball use to make up for that.

In terms of our small defenders, Id rate them JJ, Boyd, Biggs, Suckling , Williams, Adcock.

Must be really frustrating for poor Prudden to do his knee right at the time where he would have got a gig in the seniors.

Not a whole lot of players across the league that can do what he did on a couple of occasions yesterday, would love some gifs of his side steps if anyone knows how or can be ****ed. Closest thing we'll get to a Bob replacement, just hope Bobs still got a couple of years in him to guide Williams.

If anyone has time to do a video of his highlights from the weekends game would be much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is certainly a surprise packet. The kicking action is really good. The low trajectory and power make his passes really hard to defend. I wish I saw more of our players kick like this.
He still has 1v1, positioning, endurance, acceleration and tackling/strength to work on. Looking forward to seeing him develop further, should hold his spot and IF he works hard, I see a valuable player.
Absolute late pick steal. Kudos to Dal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back