Player Watch Pick #5 (2006) - Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Timmy G and his dopey sidekick spoke to Austin Einhorn last Thursday. Jump the first minute which is just ads.

He confirmed that it was Ian McKeown who set up Boak meeting Trav back in 2017. He finishes up at 10.30 then 2 minutes of discussion and some comments from listeners and then a minute of ads.

At 8.45 after Tim talked about Charlie going in 2019 he asked
"Do you think there will be other visitors this year? Or will these guys come back to you?"

Austin -" I know there's talk within the group we'll continue throughout the year and I hope that they come back, and I know Travis likely will. I would love it if more came."

"I have two, two more, that I start with this Saturday, but they have not yet given me permission to share who I'm working with. But they are prominent figures."

"I would love to work more with the AFL players. I think its such a fun and unique sport, with really creative demands on my end, you know. It's a really intellectually enticing job."

Timmy G and his dopey sidekick spoke to Austin Einhorn last Thursday. Jump the first minute which is just ads.

He confirmed that it was Ian McKeown who set up Boak meeting Trav back in 2017. He finishes up at 10.30 then 2 minutes of discussion and some comments from listeners and then a minute of ads.

At 8.45 after Tim talked about Charlie going in 2019 he asked
"Do you think there will be other visitors this year? Or will these guys come back to you?"

Austin -" I know there's talk within the group we'll continue throughout the year and I hope that they come back, and I know Travis likely will. I would love it if more came."

"I have two, two more, that I start with this Saturday, but they have not yet given me permission to share who I'm working with. But they are prominent figures."

"I would love to work more with the AFL players. I think its such a fun and unique sport, with really creative demands on my end, you know. It's a really intellectually enticing job."

The extra players Port players ? Or have another team jumped in ?
I think Mitchell has been there at some point.

Trav's always said he wants to return to Torquay and play for the club his dad played for. Hopefully he remains with club in some capacity post retirement.
Dont think it will be much more than a guest game or two, or maybe five in the number five..

The extra players Port players ? Or have another team jumped in ?
I think Mitchell has been there at some point.
Doesn't sound like Port players.

TLA has about 220 players on its books to manage. The 3 so far we know have gone to Santa Cruz over the years, are The Bont and Cale Hooker in 2019 and Tom Mitchell this year, are all clients of "Ned" Kelly's TLA. I'd put money on the other 2 also being with TLA

Doesn't sound like Port players.

TLA has about 220 players on its books to manage. The 3 so far we know have gone to Santa Cruz over the years, are The Bont and Cale Hooker in 2019 and Tom Mitchell this year, are all clients of "Ned" Kelly's TLA. I'd put money on the other 2 also being with TLA
The big Texan would be such an Adelaide move 😂.

Travis "Nathan Jones" Boak. His year will be sad to watch

Travis "Nathan Jones" Boak. His year will be sad to watch
What exactly does Boak have in common with Nathan Jones? The multiple injuries suffered in the last two years of his career? The stellar midfield keeping him out of the side as we propel ourselves to a Premiership this year? The hair?

If you are going to compare him to somebody, at least try to do it to someone with which his career has some similarities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against the Blue, our midfield looked discombobulated and slow.

As stated, Wines, Boak, Drew and Lycett are all slow and not creative and the midfield looked second rate.

There was a piece of play that really irked me. I think it was in the 2nd and Boak got the ball in the centre and tried to take on a tackler but had Butters right next him ready to take off. It was the obvious handpass but for some reason, Boak didn't give it to him.
Boak still thinks he can play like he did in 2013-15 years.

This is some of the dumbest stuff I’ve read on this board, Travis boak is a lot of things but selfish isn’t one of them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah Travis is a good guy but there are just plays he seems to be more selfish than giving the right give.

He has played over 340 games and struggles to kick a goal when we really need it.

His mentality is a balance of life and footy with life coming first.

There is a whole lot I like about him and his career but a few things that I don't like.

I don't think I would want him at the club when he retires.

Yeah Travis is a good guy but there are just plays he seems to be more selfish than giving the right give.

He has played over 340 games and struggles to kick a goal when we really need it.

His mentality is a balance of life and footy with life coming first.

There is a whole lot I like about him and his career but a few things that I don't like.

I don't think I would want him at the club when he retires.
He's getting old and is struggling to impact like he used to but the rest of this post is pure s**t.

Bloke has been moved out of the midfield and is playing a role in the team that he is asked to do.

Bloke doesnt get 30 touches a game anymore because of that role which allows the young guns to come in and shine.

Bigfooty expert think he is selfish and s**t and because he does not get 30 touches a game anymore.

Does that about sum it up?

Bloke has been moved out of the midfield and is playing a role in the team that he is asked to do.

Bloke doesnt get 30 touches a game anymore because of that role which allows the young guns to come in and shine.

Bigfooty expert think he is selfish and s**t and because he does not get 30 touches a game anymore.

Does that about sum it up?

His kicking is s**t and has no speed and goes missing against the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back