Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee is a good player but not a full-time centre square mid. He is our 5th best clearance winner over 2023-24 despite getting the most midfield time. He has 0 centre clearances against the Pies in the last 3 matchups.

A good coach would probably have him run thru the middle off half forward to free him up
Those stats are damning. Wasn’t aware of that.

I don't isn't a softness issue, they just showed a clip on the Sunday Footyshow where he dives headfirst at Moores feet who coming just as fast at the ball to try knock a ground ball forward and clear of Moore. Soft players don't do that.
He went to tap the ball and completely flubbed it because he was looking to avoid contact and then fell over. Moore straight lined it, kept his feet and mopped up.

And he does it all the time. He needs to wear his big boy pants, pick up the ball and take contact.

Had a shocker yesterday and I even texted REH around quarter time saying Rozee looked off his game. Just one of those games where everything that could go wrong for him, did.

People questioning his leadership after yesterday need to pull their heads in though. Speak to anyone who knows Connor and they'll all tell you he's the person they'd want leading a footy team both on and off the field.

Singling him out as an individual when we've literally seen a decade of this ineptitude by our midfielders in big games no matter the personnel is egregious and short sighted. It is symptomatic of a systemic problem higher up, that our Club is all too often conveniently ignoring.

Had a mare, along with a few others

Has had a couple of mares in big games like a few others

I’m happy to back him in to respond.

He went to tap the ball and completely flubbed it because he was looking to avoid contact and then fell over. Moore straight lined it, kept his feet and mopped up.

And he does it all the time. He needs to wear his big boy pants, pick up the ball and take contact.
Jones, SPP and a few others did the same thing.

Had a shocker yesterday and I even texted REH around quarter time saying Rozee looked off his game. Just one of those games where everything that could go wrong for him, did.

People questioning his leadership after yesterday need to pull their heads in though. Speak to anyone who knows Connor and they'll all tell you he's the person they'd want leading a footy team both on and off the field.

Singling him out as an individual when we've literally seen a decade of this ineptitude by our midfielders in big games no matter the personnel is egregious and short sighted. It is symptomatic of a systemic problem higher up, that our Club is all too often conveniently ignoring.
yeah ask his mum lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went the attempted soccer a couple of times when he needed to stay in the contest and take possession, right when the heat was on. He’s good enough that I’ll back him to get back to his best, and start doing it against the top teams, but if he allows those bad habits to creep in, he’ll be stamped as a frontrunner.

The reason he's trying to slap the ball forward in that situation with Moore came forward and left his man. He's trying to hit the ball forward to the open player, instead of just getting caught and creating a stoppage.

The reason he's trying to slap the ball forward in that situation with Moore came forward and left his man. He's trying to hit the ball forward to the open player, instead of just getting caught and creating a stoppage.
If he picks it up worst case scenario it is a ball up on our forward flank. Best case he pick it up and gets it forward anyway. Trying to slap it is low percentage, high risk and lazy.

Rozee isnt a big bodied players and to take on Moore head on is just dumb, i agree he wasnt good Sat but my first thought he got the flu off the other guys but he wasnt alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back