Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are quick to forget Connor probably should have won the Showdown medal last year (Boak pipped him by 1 vote) playing a midfield role and had 12 of his 19 touches as contested possessions and a game high 8 clearances and kicked a goal. So he is definitely capable of what posters here are asking for and has actively done it. His injuries the last year and a half have stopped his momentum and probably his confidence in his body. Once he has a decent run of it injury wise, he will get the touch back and IMO will still be the best player from his draft class (that includes Butters who will be the second best).
He'll be right once he fully gets over his injury and regains confidence.

I'm just not sure it will be in 2021.
Thank you to the last two posters. I am staggered that people are even thinking about writing Rozee off!

Mind-boggling!

If i was a keyboard warrior who knew nothing about football and had been posting about how a 20 year old star playing injured was soft/a draft bust, well I’d feel PRETTY silly right now.
Calm down Son
rozee has played one quarter of football this season he is a big fail atm he needs to show up full time not be a part time player.

He was clearly moving better tonight.

I have been watching him warm up each week and this week he clearly looked faster and more agile.

After watching him warm up I told my Dad he would kick 4-5 goals on the night to which he was very sceptical.

I should have had a punt, would have been great odds.

Calm down Son
rozee has played one quarter of football this season he is a big fail atm he needs to show up full time not be a part time player.

You do get that playing injured is much more difficult than playing injured fit (oops) don't you? Especially with an injured foot in a game called football. It is a big fail not to understand that.

He played a solid first and last quarter. 5 goals, 1 goal assist, 8 score involvements, 16 disposals as a forward in a losing side. Whats your idea of an acceptable game champ?

While being well down on form, he has had more than one quarter this season. That is just a silly statement.

Last edited:
You do get that playing injured is much more difficult than playing injured don't you? It is a big fail not to understand that.

He played a solid first and last quarter. 5 goals, 1 goal assist, 8 score involvements, 16 disposals as a forward in a losing side. Whats your idea of an acceptable game champ?

While being well down on form, he has had more than one quarter this season. That is just a silly statement.
"You do get that playing injured is much more difficult than playing injured don't you?"

I love you Rozee but you make me worry when you say you hated Boak and Robbie Gray growing up.. “genuine hate for port Adelaide” fair enough but how could you hate those two blokes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expat power Rozee's quotes were in the Boak 300 video on twitter.

He said as a St Kilda fan he hated Port Adelaide, Boak and Gray, but since coming to the club that changed pretty quickly.

Hated is a strong word.

How anyone could hate Boak or Gray but not Selwood or the entire Bulldogs team I wouldn't understand.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
As we've learnt in the last week or so, there's a strange one way grudge from St Kilda fans towards Port.
A few theories:
- might be because we've got a laughably good W/L ratio over them
- might be scars from '04 and then Ryder2Gray17
- might be the 27 time spooners envious of the only unsullied club left in the league
- or could just be classic small Vic club energy.

Last edited:
Expat power Rozee's quotes were in the Boak 300 video on twitter.

He said as a St Kilda fan he hated Port Adelaide, Boak and Gray, but since coming to the club that changed pretty quickly.

Let’s face it, if you were a Saints supporter you would have got pretty sick of watching those two carve your team up regularly.

Jonas hated Port once upon a time.
Hating Port is fine. Even hating Robbie Gray I could kind of understand, he's a bit of a whinger when things aren't going his way with the umps (usually not unjustified, mind you) and I could see that rubbing people the wrong way. Hating Travis Boak is psychotic though.

Last edited:
Let’s face it, if you were a Saints supporter you would have got pretty sick of watching those two carve your team up regularly.

If you were a Saints supporter you would be happy to get out of that circus of self-flagellation as fast as you could.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Hated is a strong word.

How anyone could hate Boak or Gray but not Selwood or the entire Bulldogs team I wouldn't understand.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
He's South Australian and played for North Adelaide, if you aren't Port its conditioned into them, regardless of which team they support.

Different forms of hate exist too.

Like I can hate say a Sam Mitchell, Trent Cotchin or Michael Voss when they play us, mostly due to their success. I can hate a sniper like Luke Hodge or an actor like Duckwood or Naughton because I think they are genuinely s**t for the game. There is also a third category of hate for blokes like Wayne Carey who are just genuinely s**t people (or at the very least were when they were playing - whether or not he is changed now is a different conversation).

Could definitely see someone hating Boak or Gray in that first category. No issue with it whatsoever.

Look, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it is unlikely that Connor Rozee has BigFooty poster style brain worms, far more likely he is your typical elite young footballer whose investment in AFL is quite secondary to their own journey, and that comment was made as such. Getting worked up about this is a waste of calories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back