Welcome Pick #5 Connor Rozee

raman

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
interesting to see Boak ranked with Rozee and Howard as the fastest three over 20-40m at the Club. I would have thought Motlop.
I seem to remember Darren Mead was our fastest player over that kind of distance on our inaugural list. It’s a big difference between that and the 5-10 metre burst pace you see in games from players you think of as really fast.

Rozee seems to have both though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macca19

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Orlando Magic
Moderator #727
I seem to remember Darren Mead was our fastest player over that kind of distance on our inaugural list. It’s a big difference between that and the 5-10 metre burst pace you see in games from players you think of as really fast.

Rozee seems to have both though.
Matty Bishop was our quickest player through that 01-05 era

smithy7

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rozee still the best performing rising star nominee, Walsh now 3rd. Miers the new nominee and straight into 2nd.
Did you notice on the replay that Rozee just bombed the ball into the 50 without looking for a Port player ... went straight to a crows player who was about 10 meters away from any other player geez.
Hope he sorts this out in future.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you notice on the replay that Rozee just bombed the ball into the 50 without looking for a Port player ... went straight to a crows player who was about 10 meters away from any other player geez.
Hope he sorts this out in future.
Sounds like he was just adhering to Ken's game plan - isn't that what all our players do kicking inside the forward 50 in every showdown against the crows under Ken?

Last edited:

port_adelaide_1870

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t think Rozee will win the rising star. I think Walsh probably deserves it more at this stage.

But Rozee is a star. Best thing we did (at the moment, who knows in the future) was getting ride of Wingard. I know we used Polec pick, but if I had to pick Rozee or Wingard right now I would pick Rozee every day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's a one grabber, those sort of players are invaluable and to think he is performing like this in a position that is foreign to him.

I cant wait till he is cruising though the midfield or off half back.

He's wanganeenesque the way he moves, low centre of gravity, never loses his feet.

He has the makings to be an all time great of this club.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rozee now the best performing of all rising stars according to AFL Player Ratings (which measures a player’s impact on the game)

Rozee now the best performing of all rising stars according to AFL Player Ratings (which measures a player’s impact on the game)

Verynicethankyouverymuch

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
I heard some talk on SEN about the rookie of the year and the 2 guests justified Walsh ahead of Rozee because he played in middle and its a harder position than HF. Pity the same argument was used when SPP was competing against 2 seagul HBFers in 2017.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I heard some talk on SEN about the rookie of the year and the 2 guests justified Walsh ahead of Rozee because he played in middle and its a harder position than HF. Pity the same argument was used when SPP was competing against 2 seagul HBFers in 2017.
But isn’t it easier to stack up positions in the midfield?

Janus

Dominus Ex Machina
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
Rozee is averaging 8.2 contested possessions a game from 16.3 disposals. That’s more than 50% of his total possessions.

I don’t think Walsh should win it personally. He’s done nothing to improve his side from last year. They are still rubbish.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rozee is averaging 8.2 contested possessions a game from 16.3 disposals. That’s more than 50% of his total possessions.

I don’t think Walsh should win it personally. He’s done nothing to improve his side from last year. They are still rubbish.
Harsh criteria. An area largely out of the player's control. Have we improved this year? I hope so, otherwise Rozee has no chance.

JUSTWORK

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rozee is playing a harder position in a better side and having more impact. He was named in the AFL(Jurnos) state of origin side that was on the AFL website.

Nothing against Walsh, but can't go past Rozee.

That said i expect Walsh will be given it for reasons that could be applied to SPP when they gave it to McGrath.

Top Bottom