Welcome Pick #5 Connor Rozee

JB1989

Debutant
Mar 24, 2010
ACT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rozee still paying $7 for online betting. Surely that will drop below $3 soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishikawa

All Australian
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Baker is a beauty of a pickup for the Tigers, granted a couple of cohorts ahead of Rozee but in terms of the award could well benefit from the exposure of finals football.

Surely only a matter of time before Jordan Clark gets a nomination, has been excellent this year and should be at this stage alongside Rozee and Walsh.

I think it's fair to say that the going has got tougher for Connor the past handful of weeks, but love the fact he's still remained an impact player and even on relatively quiet days he bobs up for a couple of important moments.

Tibbs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Connor already getting teams best defender walsh isn't getting tagged.
Hawthorn really targeted him early in the game. Pushing shoving, man-handling. It was a clear tactic to man-on-man rough up our young guys ... and it worked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Grange

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn really targeted him early in the game. Pushing shoving, man-handling. It was a clear tactic to man-on-man rough up our young guys ... and it worked!
Which annoyed me why the coach(s) did not move Connor early in the quarter and give him midfield time then push fwd etc. CHANGE it UP!!!

Powerade 08

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe Boak should just hit easy targets. Rozee could have had at least a couple more shots on goal that way.

Ishikawa

All Australian
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe Boak should just hit easy targets. Rozee could have had at least a couple more shots on goal that way.
Surprising to see your head remains firmly up your arse regarding Boak.

Did he beat you to a parking spot or something?

Tibbs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rozee rated as Pick #1 by Cornes ....

"But Cornes declared the Blues should’ve been more bold in their Pick 1 selection, saying Connor Rozee — who was eventually taken by Port Adelaide with Pick 5 and currently leads the club’s goalkicking after 11 rounds — would’ve been their ideal pick-up.

Asked on SEN’s Time On whether Carlton used Pick 1 on the wrong player, Cornes said: “Yes. I think it was the safe pick. In hindsight, 10 games in, I’d love to ask them (the Blues) honestly off the record, who would they pick now. (Personally), I’d pick Rozee now ... In hindsight, they’d pick (Connor) Rozee every day of the week right now.

“We make calls, it was good, safe pick. Is he going to win you games? No he’s not. “He doesn’t have the match-winning attributes to win games off his own boot, like a Connor Rozee can.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2019-carlton-made-the-wrong-call-using-pick-1-on-sam-walsh-says-kane-cornes/news-story/3d936325248fc659a88f44adde147025

Macca19

Jan 14, 2001
Albertr0n
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Orlando Magic
Rozee rated as Pick #1 by Cornes ....

"But Cornes declared the Blues should’ve been more bold in their Pick 1 selection, saying Connor Rozee — who was eventually taken by Port Adelaide with Pick 5 and currently leads the club’s goalkicking after 11 rounds — would’ve been their ideal pick-up.

Asked on SEN’s Time On whether Carlton used Pick 1 on the wrong player, Cornes said: “Yes. I think it was the safe pick. In hindsight, 10 games in, I’d love to ask them (the Blues) honestly off the record, who would they pick now. (Personally), I’d pick Rozee now ... In hindsight, they’d pick (Connor) Rozee every day of the week right now.

“We make calls, it was good, safe pick. Is he going to win you games? No he’s not. “He doesn’t have the match-winning attributes to win games off his own boot, like a Connor Rozee can.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2019-carlton-made-the-wrong-call-using-pick-1-on-sam-walsh-says-kane-cornes/news-story/3d936325248fc659a88f44adde147025
Yeah dunno. They’d still pick Walsh. Its naive to think Walsh doesn’t have many more levels to get to

Top Bottom