Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

The funny thing is that I think he's got a heap to work on. He's a lightweight, his body work in the contest is poor, his defensive stuff is poor. But gee, with ball in hand, he's dynamite. That finishing tonight was out of this world good. Will be a very good player in short time.

There was a graphic on the coverage yesterday which said that Rozee was third among small forwards in the competition for the all-important pressure acts, so he can't be that poor defensively.

I hate comparing players to my all time favourite. But there are some Wanga's mannerisms about Rozee. He reminds of a tall version of the great man in the way he moves, football nous and skill.
Still a very long way to go to get to Wanga's status but he's great to watch.

I hate comparing players to my all time favourite. But there are some Wanga's mannerisms about Rozee. He reminds of a tall version of the great man in the way he moves, football nous and skill.
Still a very long way to go to get to Wanga's status but he's great to watch.
It's what I said last week

There was a graphic on the coverage yesterday which said that Rozee was third among small forwards in the competition for the all-important pressure acts, so he can't be that poor defensively.

Lol. Pressure acts is basically an effort metric, it doesn't say much about your actual defensive input.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh?
How far off will I be .. Rozee kicked 5 goals and will get the Rising Star nomination for this round ..
Connor is going to be the best player from 2018 draft. :D:po_O
There is no need for the "going to be" part.

Crows board trying to say that we overpaid for 5 and if Port weren’t At 5 he would’ve slipped to 8 at least......

I reckon more than a few over there know better.

What surprised me a bit with last year's trade period was that Adelaide weren't as aggressive as I thought they would be. With their revolving door of players, they usually end up with decent picks and they could most certainly have traded their way to a higher first pick. but it was us that went balls first to get that pick 5 and land Rozee.

Missed an easy one in the first from the set shot and another in the third around the body - could have had 7. A couple of comparisons that I have heard and liked: when he was drafted there was vision of him streaming through the midfield easily side stepping players and looking Robranesque; Pendlebury is mentioned above and it’s a good comparison in terms of his “stillness”, that mixture of time, balance and poise with ball in hand. It was a painful loss last night bit Rozee has been good salve

Oh boy! Port have got themselves an absolute gun in the making...,Robbie Gray 2.0
Seems to be very different to Gray.
Apart from his goals there was a lot to like about his all round game.

Butters is probably closer to Gray. Different but probably closer than Rozee wrt skills set and flash/unpredictable wise.

Both youngsters also appear to have more reliable set shots than R. Gray.

Good draft picks.

Last edited:
I ain't even mad about the game, and I have Connor to thank for that.

I think it’s a bit deeper than that. 2 years ago when we lost in similar fashion to Geelong at Kardinia Park I considered filling my pockets with red scoria and hopping in the Torrens.

Last night it was like, “oh yeah, this again”.

Poor kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back