Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

73159928_2418647591581748_4873719673018335004_n.jpg

Power on. Sun down.

Santo(rini) Claus is coming to town.

Port Adelaide young gun Connor Rozee says being recognised on the streets of Adelaide doesn’t bother him.

Best mate and fellow South Australian top draft pick Jack Lukosius recently inked a long-term deal at the Gold Coast Suns and cited Rozee’s stardom in Adelaide as one of the reasons he chose to stay in Queensland, where he’s rarely noticed.

But Rozee said the adulation didn’t phase him, preferring to embrace the fame which comes with being an AFL footballer.

“I guess Adelaide is a pretty small town,” he said on SEN Summer Breakfast.

“We’ve only got two footy teams in it, so I do get stopped a fair bit but I’m starting to get used to it now.

“It takes a little bit of time to get used to, it’s a bit weird when start coming up in the street and start asking for photos to start with but that’s what comes with the job and that’s why we play the game we love.

“We’ve got a massive supporter base in South Australia; it took a little bit of getting used to (the fame) but I’ve been loving every minute.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/12...y-new-found-stardom-in-pretty-small-adelaide/

Port Adelaide young gun Connor Rozee says being recognised on the streets of Adelaide doesn’t bother him.

Best mate and fellow South Australian top draft pick Jack Lukosius recently inked a long-term deal at the Gold Coast Suns and cited Rozee’s stardom in Adelaide as one of the reasons he chose to stay in Queensland, where he’s rarely noticed.

But Rozee said the adulation didn’t phase him, preferring to embrace the fame which comes with being an AFL footballer.

“I guess Adelaide is a pretty small town,” he said on SEN Summer Breakfast.

“We’ve only got two footy teams in it, so I do get stopped a fair bit but I’m starting to get used to it now.

“It takes a little bit of time to get used to, it’s a bit weird when start coming up in the street and start asking for photos to start with but that’s what comes with the job and that’s why we play the game we love.

“We’ve got a massive supporter base in South Australia; it took a little bit of getting used to (the fame) but I’ve been loving every minute.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/12...y-new-found-stardom-in-pretty-small-adelaide/

Very smart kid, knows exactly what to say to reporters to handle the situation. Lukosious obviously didnt mean to stitch him up like that, but he wouldnt have said it if it wasn't a true conversation they had.

"The 19-year-old, who led the Power’s goalkicking in his first season in the AFL, also revealed his plan of moving into the midfield was ahead of schedule and he had gained about five kilos ahead of his second year at Port.

“I really enjoyed playing forward last year,” he said.

“(But) I’ve been training a little bit more in the midfield group this year.”"

That would move Connor up to 79 kg from the 74 kg he was last year.

It's happening...

Connor in the middle doesn't excite me. That's 30 less goals to expect.

All part of Hinkley's master plan I spose, identify the goal kickers and move them further and further away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tend to agree no rush

All part of Hinkley's master plan I spose, identify the goal kickers and move them further and further away.

Replace him with Dylan Williams. No big deal.

Excuse me but Wingard/Gray to the middle solved all our goal kicking woes and I expect this to do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, Butters is the one we need to slot into the midfield before Rozee. He has the skill set to excel there (evasiveness, quick hands, good vision under pressure) and is not as valuable up forward. Plus, if reports are correct, his running capacity is already midfield standard. I see Connor being slowly introduced to the midfield but I see Butters on the fast track.

I tend to agree no rush

we just drafted three forwards and should hopefully have more development into farrell, woodcock and cox. Be good to see a couple from this group get a chance if Connor moves to predominately midfield.

To see him, houston and the bulls in there isnt a bad thing.

Actually, Butters is the one we need to slot into the midfield before Rozee. He has the skill set to excel there (evasiveness, quick hands, good vision under pressure) and is not as valuable up forward. Plus, if reports are correct, his running capacity is already midfield standard. I see Connor being slowly introduced to the midfield but I see Butters on the fast track.
Why did we play Butters in the middle in a pre-season game where he got 25 touches, only to pull the pin on it during the real stuff?

we just drafted three forwards and should hopefully have more development into farrell, woodcock and cox. Be good to see a couple from this group get a chance if Connor moves to predominately midfield.

To see him, houston and the bulls in there isnt a bad thing.
I agree he will be a midfielder but no rush just because we have other forwards if his ready then sure.

No, but I expect our inside 50 work to become even less potent. We don't have an equal replacement for him.

on paper our inside 50 wasn’t bad to begin with, just the way the coach structures us makes it hard.

dylan Williams is an excellent forward, and the only thing stopping him from playing day one will be any injury issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back