List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing is 2 teams supporters will never agree on trade because everyone wants to win/get more value out of every deal.
I don't think we're giving up our first pick 2 years in a row and Rivers who's a 19 year old who plays like a veteran in our back 6 for Cerra and 45 or whatever it is.

I reckon almost every dees supporter would want a top 25 pick for Rivers. He's a very very good young player.
Yeah Rivers alone would net you an early second at absolute worst, looks like a 10 year player already.

Funny thing is 2 teams supporters will never agree on trade because everyone wants to win/get more value out of every deal.
I don't think we're giving up our first pick 2 years in a row and Rivers who's a 19 year old who plays like a veteran in our back 6 for Cerra and 45 or whatever it is.

I reckon almost every dees supporter would want a top 25 pick for Rivers. He's a very very good young player.
Swap F3 for F2 but that would be the very best I reckon Melbourne could come up with. Even with the F3 my valuing of Rivers is more than that pick alone because those two late first rounders are under for Cerra.

Personally I still prefer pick 6 and a second round pick.

I know not all trades are comparable but Cerra is a pick 5, 21 year old who finished top 3 B&F and will likely do so again. Averaging around 25 touches a game.

Tim Kelly was 26 when traded from Geelong to West Coast. Geelong got No.14, the future first (No.18 in 2020), 24 and 37.

We would need more than pick 17/18 and F1 which will likely be the same pick.

Last edited:
Swap F3 for F2 but that would be the very best I reckon Melbourne could come up with.

Personally I still prefer pick 6 anda second round pick.

I know not all trades are comparable but Cerra is a pick 5, 21 year old who finished top 3 B&F and will likely do so again. Averaging around 25 touches a game.

Tim Kelly was 26 when traded from Geelong to West Coast. Geelong got No.14, the future first (No.18 in 2020), 24 and 37.

We would need more than pick 17/18 and F1 which will likely be the same pick.

Nah I agree he's worth more than 18 and 16 together or whatever we would have.
We probably don't have the currency to get it done unless someone wants to leave.

Only the Bulldogs will be interested in pts from second round. I can’t keep up to date with whatever academy gifts GWS have lined up but they can’t be matched in the first 20 anyway.

There are a few f/s but really only Daicos and Darcy that are top 20 (both are expected to go too 6). There is also Jase Burgoyne who early in the season was a small possibility for end of first round but that seems very unlikely.

I proposed the option of Melbourne combining some second round picks to Bulldogs for their pick 17/18. That could then be combined with F1 but we would need more I’m sorry.

Those two picks aren’t a lot different to two early second round picks. Perhaps a player involved as well like Rivers. Cerra is going to be a gun.

18, F1, Rivers > Cerra, F3

There's a range of different restrictions;
  • Father/son - no restrictions
  • Gold Coast (NT and NQLD) - special concessions in place so can select without being matched, reviewed annually
  • Northern academies (QLD/NSW) - no restrictions
  • NGA (Vic/SA/WA regional) - can be matched after pick 20, increasing to pick 40 next year
  • NGA (WA indigenous metro) - can be matched after pick 40
Not sure if there's other subcategories in with WA metro.

Why are we softening on what we know he’s worth? Two first rounders, an A grade player that fits a need between 21-24 or fu** off.
It'd be really interesting to look at the stats club by club and see if any trends emerged in the trade value of players, especially those on the way out.

Nah I agree he's worth more than 18 and 16 together or whatever we would have.
We probably don't have the currency to get it done unless someone wants to leave.
I think it depends on the GF result how hard you go. Lose and Cerra could be the missing piece. Win and you probably don’t force any best 22 out and try to keep everyone for team harmony, even if it means missing him.

Better to just win the flag.

Fremantle midfielder David Mundy believes Dockers can replace Adam Cerra internally
Headshot of Eliza Reilly

Eliza ReillyThe West Australian
Fri, 17 September 2021 2:00AM
Eliza Reilly

[PLAYERCARD]David Mundy[/PLAYERCARD] believes Adam Cerra won’t be easily replaced.

David Mundy believes Adam Cerra won’t be easily replaced. Credit: Quinn Rooney/via AFL Photos

Fremantle veteran David Mundy believes outgoing Dockers midfielder Adam Cerra is “not easily replaced” but the club is well placed to fill the void internally.
Cerra has found suitors in both Carlton, the Blues best positioned to complete the trade, and grand finalists Melbourne.
Mundy, who has had a front-row seat to Cerra’s rise since he arrived at the club with pick five in the 2017 draft, believes there is no direct replacement for the departing midfielder but there are a host of Dockers in contention to fill his vacated role.
I don’t think there is a direct replacement for any player in the AFL,” Mundy said.

“He’s really grown as a player the last two years.

“He’s not easily replaced but I think on the back of having a strong midfield unit, we’ve seen Connor Blakely get less opportunity, Darcy Tucker move to half-back, Michael Walters play up forward, James Aish has been a plug and play player but he’s been played off half-back as well.

“We’ll have a good draft hand as well this year so we can bring in some good young talent.

“I don’t think it will be up to any particular player to step in and fill the shoes of Adam. I think as a collective, we have the people and players capable of sharing the load.”

At one stage, it looked like Fremantle were well placed to turn Cerra into Lachie Neale, the Brisbane Brownlow medallist reportedly weighing up his playing future and a trade back to the Dockers until committing to the Lions.

[PLAYERCARD]David Mundy[/PLAYERCARD] and [PLAYERCARD]Lachie Neale[/PLAYERCARD] in 2018.

David Mundy and Lachie Neale in 2018. Credit: Paul Kane/Getty Images
“We would’ve welcomed him back but he wouldn’t have come cheap though,” Mundy said.
“Brisbane would’ve wanted a bit because he’s such a talented player.
“I think we all recognise what a great player Lachie is and also in his time at Fremantle.
“He was unheralded over here. He’s obviously exploded onto the scene at Brisbane and he’s doing some great things over there.”
Mundy added he would be a supporter of the AFL touring the grand final around the country as Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs prepare for an unprecedented decider in Perth.
“The whole town is abuzz with excitement. It’s on everyone’s lips. Everyone is talking about it,” he said.
“Hopefully into the future the AFL can move the game around a bit more and let the whole country experience what we’re going through at the moment.”
Mundy is eager to help footy fans create their own grand final experience wherever they are, including the simple joy of having a classic Four’N Twenty Meat Pie at the football.
On Friday footy fans can enter online to win a Four’N Twenty prize pack delivered to their door by answering the question which AFL Player you would like to share a Four’N Twenty with and why.
[PLAYERCARD]David Mundy[/PLAYERCARD] with a pair of pies.

David Mundy with a pair of pies. Credit: Michael Willson/AFL Photos
Mundy said the brand was “synonymous with AFL and the grand final” and he’d pick former teammate Ed Langdon to enjoy a pie with if Melbourne prevail over the Bulldogs in the decider.

Why are we softening on what we know he’s worth? Two first rounders, an A grade player that fits a need between 21-24 or fu** off.

I'd highly doubt that the club has softened on their stance.

Yeah that's kinda the idea though of trade suggestions. The actual trade often ends up in the middle of hat opposing supporters discus on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam being a very stoic and reserved fella, the above photo is probably the most expression I've ever seen on his face and made me chuckle a little more than necessary
The realisation suddenly hit him what it would be like playing for Carlton. It was the exact second he thought he should probably explore other options.

If it does end up being Melbourne I wonder how long it takes on the Dees fans to realise any such trade is going squeeze someone out.
If they want him for primarily the wing (with short stints on ball) then it's Brayshaw. If primarily on ball rotating onto a flank then he takes all of Halmes midfield minutes and likely some of Vineys. A player will definitely get traded somewhere.

Still think it'll be Carlton since he goes straight to third banana there, and then there is only a bit of strapping on Cripps limbs between him and second. At Melbourne he's 4th in line at best unless it's Viney that gets shitcanned.

I'm not sure that's true. Tabs at least showed at that age that he was a good kick for goal. Cox was and probably still is a terrible kick for goal which is probably why he ended up in defense.
That would be a lie.....

If Cox was a terrible kick at goal, how come he has already kicked 27 goals in his career? I assure you if freo didnt have injuries to the likes of Alex Pearce, Joel Hamling and Griffin Logue in 2020 and 2021, Cox would of kicked a few goals in the last 2 seasons.
It's probably not such a clear distinction...
Taberner in his 2nd year: 7.6 from 9 games.
Cox in his 2nd year: 18.14 from 16 games.

Our perceptions might get a little warped from Cox's first year, where he really struggled to get his radar right (4.11), which is forgivable from a first-year player but can burn into the consciousness.

Cox wasnt bad in that 2018 season.

Back