List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Homesickness will be the only thing that stops him from being a star for us. And you can't plan for that. So who cares.

A lot of people involved in underage football said he would have been the best of the lot if it weren't for injuries. He adds another dimension to our midfield and some needed class.

Two top 5 midfielders. And I think we got a good balance with who we picked. I'm a big fan of LDU, but Cerra has the better outside game to go with his inside work.

Homesickness will be the only thing that stops him from being a star for us. And you can't plan for that. So who cares.

A lot of people involved in underage football said he would have been the best of the lot if it weren't for injuries. He adds another dimension to our midfield and some needed class.

Two top 5 midfielders. And I think we got a good balance with who we picked. I'm a big fan of LDU, but Cerra has the better outside game to go with his inside work.

Doesn't seem the type to go home mid season but. Think he will work his ass off and play hard still. If he stays he stays, if not then we work it out

I am stoked with the selection, and back our culture to keep Cerra here.
The draft has always been a lottery and you can never predict what will happen. Picking a good player is hard enough. The pain factor is picking a dud, and passing on a star. If you recruit a star, and they leave, it is better than picking a dud. Funny thing is, at this time of year, every top 20 recruit is going to be a star. History shows that a small number will become elite AFL players.

To make an assumption, such as "Victorian's will go back to Victoria - so put a line through them" is just ridiculous. The players that seek a trade are the outliers. Most stay at the club they are selected at (take Gold Coast\ GWS out of this equation - GWS are doing ok mind you - while they are competitive).

In terms of players coming and going - what goes around goes around. We get Brayshaw for Weller which is great.

We have picked up Bennell (2 | 2010); McCarthy (14 | 2013); Nathan Wilson (unknown - AFL gift early pick)

In terms of losing players, I am struggling to pick them, we generally hold our good players. Maybe someone has a better recollection??

Yes we lost Weller - and at pick 13 we did exceptionally here, however after developing he wants out, and we get pick 2. Who knows? I predict bigger things from Brayshaw than Weller. So we lose some time, but, as I said, what goes around...it goes around.
I agree i dont think we have a retention problem. Weller was happy here just got offered a mega deal with a big bag of cash, which he couldnt refuse. What kid at 21 refuses 800k a year if the reports are true. Balic was just destined to leave.

Appreciate you posting this but not sure what you're inferring. You posted this on your board saying "Ross looks disappointed" when he literally confirms we would've taken Cerra first over LDU.

Couldn't lose with the top 5 picks this year, I've enjoyed reading the North board who think they've 'stolen' LDU from us, sounds like both clubs got who they were after. Grown adults reading BigFooty thinking that they were privy to a complicated, high-risk draft tactic that AFL recruiting teams weren't aware of is flat-out hilarious.

He would never say otherwise of course. I find it interesting he mentioned it at all. Clearly there was some concern with who North would pick so there wouldve been strategy involved. Ross is right though, it's all to play out. Whatever will be, will be. Que cerra, cerra.

This. You're 18 and get the opportunity to live in a new part of the world while getting payed well to play footy, be thankful.
its weak as piss... I've had to move interstate for work.. not earning half of what an AFL player would and definitely not doin somethin as enjoyable as kickin a sherrin.

I could understand if you have a severe mental illness but got damn it seems like every year a handful of blokes are cryin to go home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with this pick. Like everyone I'm still a bit worried about the go home factor but also have this inkling he'll surprise us, love it here and really add a different dimension to our midfield. Good news is his parents didn't offer him 70k to stay in Melbourne.

Our new GOLD STANDARD training complex combined with the new 1.5b dollar footy stadium couldn't have come at better time.Our two new top five picks are going to be in awe of what they're walking in to.

Jayden Stephenson and Aaron Naughton both looked disappointed when they were selected, but not a much as Jarrod Brander when his name was called out. Naughton obviously disappointed that he didn’t get to Collingwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half the equation sorted. Now just need some forwards who know how to lead :)

If you watch both Kersten and McCarthy they know how to lead...Kersten in particular runs the figure 8's that Pav used to.

He may not work hard enough at times but if we have guys like Walters, Bennell, Wilson and Cerra kicking it to them they'll have no excuses

If you watch both Kersten and McCarthy they know how to lead...Kersten in particular runs the figure 8's that Pav used to.

He may not work hard enough at times but if we have guys like Walters, Bennell, Wilson and Cerra kicking it to them they'll have no excuses

Kerstin is good at it. McCarthy mostly runs half strength towards the kicker and then leads back towards goal. The defenders are all over it.

Back