List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO to Cripps.
He is seriously over rated, his kicking is average.
The game is called football for a reason, if you can kick you have value and by god Cerra can kick. Brayshaw should be soo much better than Cerra but there is a massive difference in kicking ability which makes Cerra more valuable than Brayshaw in my mind (not by much though)
Cerra is so much more valuable than Cripps it aint funny.
Call me crazy but If im in charge im asking for cripps and carltons first for Cerra. They wouldnt want a bar of it and ...no worries, no deal.
Has Cerra been tagged yet?

But yes, I'd be leaving Cripps well alone at this stage.

People are seriously underrating Cripps. Up when he’s not injured he is a top 5 midfielder and would be a massive addition to our team - imagine fyfe and him at a centre bounce?!

but I’d also rather keep cerra

People are seriously underrating Cripps. Up when he’s not injured he is a top 5 midfielder and would be a massive addition to our team - imagine fyfe and him at a centre bounce?!

Don't think he fits our age profile any more. I wouldn't trade in a big cost player who is already 26 unless we were already consistently making finals.

Every team who tries to trade in big name players to make finals from outside the top 8 fails.

It's more what it would cost to get him, plus the ongoing portion of salary cap space. A player at his level brings with him his own gravitational field, which takes some adjusting to. So, with the resulting disruption, it can take a few seasons to get full value. A lot can happen to a list and team in that time.

No doubt fully fit he's upper echelon.

Well Cripps is a free agent anyway, and hasnt signed contract, so its literally money that will drag him back to WA and dont need to trade for him and we have the salary cap. Cripps at HF/mid rotating with Fyfe for me at Freo is a win. I would want Cerra for the next 4 years outside centre bounce, delivering to them all day long with Young, but its not money that will make Cerra stay, its the team.

Might be my imagination but Fyfe and Cripps would be one of those combinations that the coach would "need" to play just because the names on paper look theoretically good but would be slow both in terms of foot speed and ball movement because both would be looking for the handball rather than the kick. It would inevitably lead to Fyfe playing almost predominantly somewhere else on the field, Mundy's definite retirement and one of Serong or Brayshaw moving on. Imagination-wise it feels like a nightmare but I could be totally wrong.

Cripps has been ordinary for 18 months. You don't cough up big money/picks for a bloke that hasn't done it for that long.

If this was 24yo beast mode Cripps I think you do it (but not for Cez unless he forced our hand).

Cerra is the sort of player that could net us two first round picks. He's that blend of Victorian, slightly overrated, super potential that the bad Vic teams will be lining up the juicy deals for.

Peak Freo where we spend years developing a player, they start to show their potential and supporters seem ok if we get rid of them for another handful of magic beans.

I don't understand it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peak Freo where we spend years developing a player, they start to show their potential and supporters seem ok if we get rid of them for another handful of magic beans.

I don't understand it at all.

Cripps was just about my favourite player at his peak but he has been 'out of form' for almost two years. Don't see what need he fills either.

Last edited:

When is he not injured and When was he ever a top 5 mid?
Just because the media cream themselves because he crashes packs and handballs etc does not make him a top 5 mid.
I have never seen the guy people keep crapping on about, the guy cant kick and always looks injured And he is slow
Id rather Boak Petracca Shuey (Sorry) Neale (sorrrry) Bont Pendles Dusty (NO brainer) Fyfe Danger Mcrae I could keep going but I wont way before him.
Whos better at Carlton, Him or Walsh? Id rather Walsh any day.
OVER RATED.

When is he not injured and When was he ever a top 5 mid?
Just because the media cream themselves because he crashes packs and handballs etc does not make him a top 5 mid.
I have never seen the guy people keep crapping on about, the guy cant kick and always looks injured And he is slow
Id rather Boak Petracca Shuey (Sorry) Neale (sorrrry) Bont Pendles Dusty (NO brainer) Fyfe Danger Mcrae I could keep going but I wont way before him.
Whos better at Carlton, Him or Walsh? Id rather Walsh any day.
OVER RATED.
And Bolton! Probably the most gettable out of that bunch as well.

One thing is for sure after watching the game yesterday, is that we must get Adam Cerras autograph on a contract, and soon.
Any doubt of his ability and skill should have been dispelled yesterday.His kicking is elite. His choice of opitions is also.
He, like so many champions, or future champions, has time and space when other don't.
Hopefully Serong and Brayshaw can convince him that this is the place to be.

Agree but the longer this goes on the more worrisome it becomes.
Let's face it, who could blame him if he wanted to go?

The poor bastards whilst loyal will retire without premierships, so too Fyfe. That’s got to be a consideration for Cerra. Do we have the list, coaches and culture to win a flag in the next 4 years?
Look at history, there are many champions that never finished with a flag.Ablett snr,Robert Harvey,Tony Lockett, Bob Skilton,Kevin Murray.The list goes on, and on and on.

What would you think the percentage of AFL players that have made it to a grand final, let alone won a flag since let's say since 2000?

Really rough guess figures ignoring that there wasn't 18 teams that whole time, 704 players active every year - 2.9 year average career length. 704x21=14784/3 = 4928 players over 21 years.

462 premiership medals in 21 years = 9.375% of players winning a flag.

Hawthorn x 3
Brisbane x 3
Geelong x 3
Richmond x 3

All hog that percentage down even more as many of those players won multiple flags

Look at history, there are many champions that never finished with a flag.Ablett snr,Robert Harvey,Tony Lockett, Bob Skilton,Kevin Murray.The list goes on, and on and on.

I understand that, even the goat Nic Nat might not win one!😜 But one can’t blame a player for considering that, after all, that’s what they ultimately play for.

The poor bastards whilst loyal will retire without premierships, so too Fyfe. That’s got to be a consideration for Cerra. Do we have the list, coaches and culture to win a flag in the next 4 years?
Could also find himself in a Brett Deledio scenario too.

Back