List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see us coughing up three picks and get Tucker as steak knives in the deal. I think it will only be Cerra & picks, can't tell you who will get what though, hopefully it doesn't play out till the final minutes of the trade period.

If Lewis Young from the Dogs comes across, I'm not sure we will be that interested in Brander.

Not sure why you'd put tucker in the mix, he's just a whipping boy on these forums for whatever reason, he's rated much more highly by the club.

Not sure why you'd put tucker in the mix, he's just a whipping boy on these forums for whatever reason, he's rated much more highly by the club.

good point - thats why it is odd he hasn't signed up already because my impression was the club had him as a best 22 player. He hasn't played much WAFL thats for sure.

Ha. Well I hope the Blues offer a second rounder at least.

But I thought later picks would give us currency to grab someone like Benning in the draft or Brodie as a junk trade etc?
We effectively get Benning for free after pick 40

West Coast have offered pick #52 for SPS.

Would Carlton likely offer that back to us along with #6, and is it worth anything?
Pick #52 is worth 246 points.

#27 + # 52 = 703 + 246 = 949 points

#22 = 845 points

#27 + #52 to Collingwood for #22. #22 to Carlton for Clark

As long as we get 25 or future 2nd from carlton too. 8 and 52 for Cerra is gross.
Not sure we'd be willing to trade out of F2, F3 and F4 but...

Trade 1: Carlton #6, #25, #52 <-> Cerra, F3, F4
Trade 2: Collingwood #22, #78 <-> #27, #52
Trade 3: Geelong Clark <-> #22
Trade 4: GCS Brodie, #19 <-> F2

Go to draft with #6, #8, #19, #25, #78

Not expecting this to happen btw.

Great for this year, but draft 2022 would be really boring. Ha.
We are missing F3, F4, F5 this year and it seems we'll still be fairly active. But I strongly doubt Carlton trades out of this draft completely. Maybe replace their #25 with their F2 and we use that for the Brodie trade and keep ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are missing F3, F4, F5 this year and it seems we'll still be fairly active. But I strongly doubt Carlton trades out of this draft completely. Maybe replace their #25 with their F2 and we use that for the Brodie trade and keep ours.

Your not suggesting Brodie is worth a 2 are you?

No we get #19 + Brodie for a F2.
#19 and Brodie for F2 that we sent to Geelong for Clark is like getting slapped in the face with a fistful of hundreds you get to keep.

Hurts up front but then you think we trade a future second for Clark and get Brodie for free anyway, keeping our own second.

I'd be happy with it eventually but Snuffaluphagus is right that having that first pick of day 2 would be worth quite a bit, especially if there are four players we want still available and we don't move back that far.

#19 and Brodie for F2 that we sent to Geelong for Clark is like getting slapped in the face with a fistful of hundreds you get to keep.

Hurts up front but then you think we trade a future second for Clark and get Brodie for free anyway, keeping our own second.

I'd be happy with it eventually but Snuffaluphagus is right that having that first pick of day 2 would be worth quite a bit, especially if there are four players we want still available and we don't move back that far.
It's about the principal of the thing, I'd live with it I suppose but it would make me feel sick

I think I'd be fine with it because although it sucks it is considerably less idiotic than what we possibly could do to get Clark here.

I think I'd be fine with it because although it sucks it is considerably less idiotic than what we possibly could do to get Clark here.
Thinking about it further, if we get pick 19, I'm keeping, I dont care. In this draft, you'll literally be able to move down one or two spots on draft night and get back an extra future 2nd

Reading between the lines the deal is:

Cerra and 27 for picks 6,25, F2

The issue is with Geelong who wants more than pick 25 for Clark.

I don't see what the obsession with Clark is. If he wants home he needs to make that abundantly clear to Geelong, otherwise he can stay there.

Agree.

Needs to tell Geelong he won't resign next year.

Cats are campaigners! But Clark is contracted. We'd be expecting a similar effort. The issue is not overpaying. I can see us overpaying for a player that is underwhelming, we need to learn to resist the pressure and walk away.

Back