List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Worst part is that they will make finals next season and we won't...
Remember when they completed the trades of the century, and "scored" both Adam Saad and Zac Williams? They were destined for greatness, with Victorian media personalities locking them in for a Top 8 finish. One year later and they're still at the bottom of the sh*t heap.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears, Perth Scorchers

If Carlton make finals next year I will eat a pizza with my hands.

See sig

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Remember when they completed the trades of the century, and "scored" both Adam Saad and Zac Williams? They were destined for greatness, with Victorian media personalities locking them in for a Top 8 finish. One year later and they're still at the bottom of the sh*t heap.
They now have Cez who is more highly rated than both of them and a really good coach in Voss. On the other hand, we are losing two of our best 22.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

I had Carlton pegged as a bottom 4 side for 2021. They actually did better than I thought they would. Every side in the competition has 4-5 good players. They have a terribly overrated list full of soft/overpaid mercenaries, rejects from other clubs, failed draft picks, and a few main players who are cooked. I doubt crazy Vossy will work miracles and I don't see them doing much better next year.

Still have no idea why we can't beat them, because we have a way better side on paper. Gives me the shits. If we had beaten them like we should have, they would have been 6-16 and second last.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
I had Carlton pegged as a bottom 4 side for 2021. They actually did better than I thought they would. Every side in the competition has 4-5 good players. They have a terribly overrated list full of soft/overpaid mercenaries, rejects from other clubs, failed draft picks, and a few main players who are cooked. I doubt crazy Vossy will work miracles and I don't see them doing much better next year.

Still have no idea why we can't beat them, because we have a way better side on paper. Gives me the shits. If we had beaten them like we should have, they would have been 6-16 and second last.
And had better picks to give us for Cerra :mad:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
They now have Cez who is more highly rated than both of them and a really good coach in Voss. On the other hand, we are losing two of our best 22.
Voss is unproven at best, but I see where you're coming from.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Now that he's gone. Very overrated player never liked him :'(

In all seriousness, how many here ever warmed to him in the same way you do to guys like Swaggy, Serong or Brayshaw? I certainly never did, and I'm not just saying that because he left. I loved Lachie Neale for example and would never pretend I didn't just because he left.

Cerra just seemed so cold and aloof all the time. I think someone here described him as an emotionless automaton once and I think that's pretty bang on.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
In all seriousness, how many here ever warmed to him in the same way you do to guys like Swaggy, Serong or Brayshaw? I certainly never did, and I'm not just saying that because he left. I loved Lachie Neale for example and would never pretend I didn't just because he left.

Cerra just seemed so cold and aloof all the time. I think someone here described him as an emotionless automaton once and I think that's pretty bang on.
"I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal endoskeleton."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts

Yeeep that was me and he's been like that this whole trade period too. Psychopath like Zuckerberg.

The more I think about what we got for him the more livid I get.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yeeep that was me and he's been like that this whole trade period too. Psychopath like Zuckerberg.

The more I think about what we got for him the more livid I get.

Ok, I know he's gone. But still, as you meantioned, he doesn't have that loveable persona. Doesn't mean he is s**t. He just has no character about him. More like someone just going through their trade.

It doesn't mean I wanted him to leave, I just see what you mean.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
He lost me when he said football was “just a job”.

You certainly would never hear that from Brayshaw or Serong, they both get what success & the ultimate success means to this club & it’s supporters.

He "Cerra" actually said that? Good riddance then and commiserations to Carlton.

So he is just around to collect the cash? He's obviously in the wrong industry. But in the right industry for Carlton.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
He "Cerra" actually said that? Good riddance then and commiserations to Carlton.

So he is just around to collect the cash? He's obviously in the wrong industry. But in the right industry for Carlton.
I don’t think its as bad as that, but i must admit when reading what he said below back in early July, I thought he was setting up to leave & wasn’t buying into the club.

Sometimes being comfortable doesn’t give you the best results & with his attitude I doubt the losses would hurt as much as they do for the likes of Serong & Brayshaw.

So as Belly said, hopefully we nail the selection we received for him.

Football is just my job at the end of the day. Obviously I love it and I dedicate my life to it but I’ve got a partner and my family and I’ve got to make sure we all feel really comfortable with where I am.”

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I don’t think its as bad as that, but i must admit when reading what he said below back in early July, I thought he was setting up to leave & wasn’t buying into the club.

Sometimes being comfortable doesn’t give you the best results & with his attitude I doubt the losses would hurt as much as they do for the likes of Serong & Brayshaw.

Football is just my job at the end of the day. Obviously I love it and I dedicate my life to it but I’ve got a partner and my family and I’ve got to make sure we all feel really comfortable with where I am.”

Fair enough. Out of Brayshaw, Serong, Darcy and Cerra. If I had to choose 3 out of 4 Cerra would be the one I'd say goodbye to.

Football is his job? I hope he is still good at it once he is 50. You'd be blessed if you last 10 years in the AFL. I can't see him reading the sport for channel 9 in Melbourne.

Maybe it sounds like I hate him. I don't, but a 22 year old making comments like that is a bit arrogant.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fair enough. Out of Brayshaw, Serong, Darcy and Cerra. If I had to choose 3 out of 4 Cerra would be the one I'd say goodbye to.

Football is his job? I hope he is still good at it once he is 50. You'd be blessed if you last 10 years in the AFL. I can't see him reading the sport for channel 9 in Melbourne.

Maybe it sounds like I hate him. I don't, but a 22 year old making comments like that is a bit arrogant.
He doesn't need to continue playing till 50 lol. He'll be a multimillionaire by 25.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts

Those are not the words of a champion.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Unders, but it was stacked in Calton's favour.

Uncontracted, Vic Metro, nominates club, is pretty much the worst situation to be in if you're a WA team.

Pick 6 is handy, We currently have a really good draft hand.

Hope we don't blow it on the Clark deal.

I think this is spot on. I find this whole "nominating" a club thing to be s**t for trading purposes anyway. I don't see why the club is obligated to do what the player wants? It's like nominating a used car dealership, "Yup. I'm gonna buy a car from this place." You lose all bargaining power and you have to accept what they have on the lot. You don't know what each car is worth or what they paid for it. Worse off, if you don't buy a car there, you risk not getting a car at all.

The way I see it, Freo was stuck negotiating with one club, which isn't where you want to be. The power comes when you can say, "I think I'll go to the dealership down the road." I've done this and it works. You want multiple clubs to work with. If it were Gold Coast and Carlton interested, it would have been a totally different story and Freo's hand gets a lot stronger. I don't think this is a great deal for Freo, but I don't think it's a fleecing. I would have preferred 2nd round pick instead of 3rd but, oh well. I don't get this idea that a club is obligated to honor the wishes of the player. The club is obligated to do what it takes to win premierships. If that's shipping Cerra to the Gold Coast, sucks for him.

I wish my employer would help me get a new job if I wanted to relocate to where I grew up...

I LOVE that we got pick 19. That could end up being the best trade of the week. I believe this is the first pick that can now take NGA kids, which gives it HUGE value. We might be able to move down one or two picks, still get our guy, and recoup some of the future picks we traded away. Or move up with some creative accounting. Based on Wallsy's comments, they are clearly aware of this.

Brodie trade was fine. I think he fits the age profile of our list and if he's a big body mid that can let Brayshaw and Serong do their thing, I don't think we gave up too much. If he's better than tucker then I'm even better with the trade.

Now, It looks like Belly is going to hold strong to pick 19 and only offer 22 for Clark. I would have preferred to give them 27, but I'm happy with 2 first rounders and the first pick of the second round if that is what it ends up being.

Lobb is another story all together. What is his deal?? Why does he want out?

Does he want to play less ruck? Well, then why the hell go to GWS who have very thin ruck stocks. Surely he knows that he will play in the ruck there. And, if GWS is looking to play Lobb as a ruck, why the * are they trading them in. Surely, they know he doesn't want to do this.

Does he want to go to Melbourne for his partner's job? Well, the why the * is he getting physicals done at GWS and why was he tied to GC earlier in the year? I don't live in AUS, but last time I looked at a map GC and Sydney weren't located in Melbourne. It must be something else.

Is he un-homesick? Is this a thing? Can someone who came home because he was homesick leave because he is un-homesick. I guess it's possible his mom is annoying the * out of him he wanted out. "Come here my boy. You're too skinny. You need to eat more." "Aw mom, can you just leave me alone! I'm working on my figure to go along with my snappy clothes."

Is is the culture of the team? This doesn't make sense.

Money? Well, he's making $700,000 here. Why move? GWS aren't going to pay that.

Longer contract? Why? For what purpose? Does he want to lock in a 4 year deal and then sit back and coast?

What is it? Why does he want to leave? I don't want to trade him because he plays a crucial role in our structure as a ruck/forward. But, the other side of me thinks he's being a whiney bitch and should be traded to the Cleveland Browns.

Haha...ok, so I got a little carried away. This is the trade thread, right?

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Nominating a club is something Dockers and WC have an opportunity to play to advantage everytime a player wants to come back to WA. There are no bidding wars. We generally only get burned when a player is contracted.

Back