List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting thing about Cerra's kicking to me is I don't think his technique and accuracy are absolutely A1+. I'd argue he's not even the best kick mecnicalically in our side (Mundy and Crowden just for starters I think as pure kicks are better) and he actually scrubbers a non trivial amount of kicks too. BUT his decision making, speed of summing up options, his ability to see options and possibilities and angles. It's very close the best I've ever seen. I'm struggling to think of better.
Young will surpass him there I reckon.

Nah Young's long field kicking is sublime and unmatched in the comp for opening up the field (and thinking about his kicks doesn't harm them), buts it's not the same as Cerra's diagonal 40 metre flat crossfield f50 entries.
Young will surpass him there I reckon.
Yep, Young already had Cerra covered in a couple of those.

Nah Young's long field kicking is sublime and unmatched in the comp for opening up the field (and thinking about his kicks doesn't harm them), buts it's not the same as Cerra's diagonal 40 metre flat crossfield f50 entries.
Yes but we're comparing vision/decision making, not kicking skills?

Young is... sh*t we're lucky to have him.
Him AND Serong in the same draft.

And how quickly they've come on. Remember what we were saying 2 years after Brayshaw and Cerra were drafted?

Young even more impressive given his injury run.

Best of luck to Cerra. Would lay off the snipes on his personality. I think he’s handled everything reasonably well. Doing his first Carlton interview from the study of Andy Brayshaws house shows there is no real bad blood between him and freo. If it wasn’t for covid I reckon we would have gotten another 2 or 3 seasons out of him easily.
there's far bigger w&$kers that have played in freo jumpers over the years and fcuked the club over. We can stay here all day and night talking about them.

Best of luck to Cerra. Would lay off the snipes on his personality. I think he’s handled everything reasonably well. Doing his first Carlton interview from the study of Andy Brayshaws house shows there is no real bad blood between him and freo. If it wasn’t for covid I reckon we would have gotten another 2 or 3 seasons out of him easily.
there's far bigger w&$kers that have played in freo jumpers over the years and fcuked the club over. We can stay here all day and night talking about them.
Perhaps, but he could do no worse that have a chat to Patrick Cripps when he gets there, about loyalty & sticking it out in extreme personal hardships.

He had every right to get back to WA for family support, but chose to stay & continue the work he had put in to support the club that gave him the opportunity.

Cerra didn’t, despite saying the club wasn’t the issue. Weak as piss as far as I’m concerned.

Now he’s gone, we’ve worked out he was always a hack, soft, seagull with a toxic personality. Who ate puppies for breakfast and stole candy from babies.

Its just how it works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I still think he's OK, but he's no Paddy Dow.

If you look back to his first season, I actually think Serong had him covered for i50 kicking (not in his second season, but was tagging to be fair) - as for speed of thought (and hands to match) again Serong comes out on top for mine, he's had some absolutely sublime moments. Still a big loss, but confident we can replace his output, albeit across a couple of players, and that Walls can use it to our advantage and see us stronger, if not his year then certainly the following year.

Can't help but feel that covering Cerra's role with a mix of Walters and Crowden would lead to no real loss in creative, precise kicks inside 50. Possibly may mean a loss in other departments, though. Definitely would required some reshuffling.

Can't help but feel that covering Cerra's role with a mix of Walters and Crowden would lead to no real loss in creative, precise kicks inside 50. Possibly may mean a loss in other departments, though. Definitely would required some reshuffling.

I like this idea, if we can get better value out of Fyfe and Walters by giving them Cerra's midfield time our team is much better for it.

While you never want good players to leave I think this has ended up being a win-win situation where we can all walk away on good terms.

- Cerra wanted to go home but he still looked after us by allowing us to negotiate the best deal we could get with a Victorian club.
- I think our list moving forward now looks somewhat more balanced with us getting a KPF for the Cerra pick.
- Also thanks to Gold Coast being as generous as they are I think our future midfield has quite a diverse range of attributes/talents now.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

We gave Cerra a contract, I'm more than happy with how he held up his end of that contract. He didn't owe us the soul of his unborn first child or anything more than good footy and not making awkward news items for the club (such as dropping your pants at midnight kebabs).

In leaving, he was gracious and let us shop him around rather than making things difficult. As good as he is, we have just drafted a possibly stronger hand than if he had stayed with us.

So when you see him on a footy field in another teams vest, remember him fondly, he served us well.

We gave Cerra a contract, I'm more than happy with how he held up his end of that contract. He didn't owe us the soul of his unborn first child or anything more than good footy and not making awkward news items for the club (such as dropping your pants at midnight kebabs).

In leaving, he was gracious and let us shop him around rather than making things difficult. As good as he is, we have just drafted a possibly stronger hand than if he had stayed with us.

So when you see him on a footy field in another teams vest, remember him fondly, he served us well.

Then Darcy can flatten the campaigner! :cool::tearsofjoy:

Back