List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah didn't think you were mate. :thumbsu:

Yeah looks like we made out like bandits so far. Hopefully we can hold on to Cez long enough for him to develop Ed level commitment.

Problem with guys like LDU, probably SPP is another in a similar vein, they bully other U18s with sheer size and strength but find that element of their game nullified at AFL level. SPP has gone ok but you'd reckon he's peaked already. LDU will turn it on eventually but would be having to find new feathers for the cap.

Like giving a shout out to my mate maniac from time to time so cheers for the excuse! :D

SPP peaked in his debut season

I can.see so much scope for both our first two picks

This is definitely my highlight this season and the continual development of Ed.

Let's just hope we nail our first pick and our NGA lads turn out to be guns

If you want a good laugh go read the north thread on LDU. The rings they jump through to justify his performance are hilarious and it's often through potshots of Stephensen or others. My favourite was how he isn't physically ready and plays a inside role therefore you can't compare to all the draftees, conveniently ignoring AB's success and the fact he was widely acknowledged as the most ready to go draftee.

Giantroo did a highlight video on his 'breakout' game of 17 touches with one dude claiming it's the best 17 touch game he has ever seen. The highlight is 4min long with 2min of him missing tackles or being tackled.

Normally I wouldnt care but when some of those idiots came on here thanking us for taking AB I wanted nothing more than for LDU to flop

I didn't see much to laugh at - just the usual "couldn't believe Freo passed and left him to us" and "thanks Freo" and "Freo tried to bluff us to get both Brayshaw and LDU but we were having none of it" (also having none of anything resembling LOGIC with that last comment either...).

I reckon Freo got exactly who they wanted. If they desperately wanted LDU, they would have taken him at #2, but they guessed (rightly) that Cerra would probably slide because of his injury concerns, so pulled the trigger on Brayshaw at #2, assuming Carlton would go Dow with #3 and then North would have the choice between LDU and Cerra, and go with LDU. If they took Cerra, then LDU would have been a pretty decent consolation prize.

If they had taken Cerra at #2, then maybe North would have taken Brayshaw at #4, but for whatever reason they wanted him off the table, guessing that North would go LDU if given the choice between Cerra and LDU, but they weren't sure which one they take if the choice was between Brayshaw and LDU.

I reckon if JUST the top 6 was done again now, based on performance, not club needs, it would go:

1. Stephenson
2. Cerra
3. Rayner
4. Brayshaw
5. LDU
6. Dow

Yes and so were North. I'm stoked we chose Cerra
Cerra looks very promising so far.
Woah! Is that you Freomaniac? Necroquote!

Can't be arsed watching the video again but I'm pretty sure that post was sarcastic.

I think from memory Ross couldn't pronounce LDU's name.

Didn't know enough about the prospects to have a strong opinion, but LDU in the last few days leading to the draft looked to be a huge risk, was clearly expecting to stay in Victoria.

I too am very, very happy with Cez :thumbsu:
No I aint JMT. But **** me I loveto Quote random posts from -6 years ago to prove them wrong.

I didn't see much to laugh at - just the usual "couldn't believe Freo passed and left him to us" and "thanks Freo" and "Freo tried to bluff us to get both Brayshaw and LDU but we were having none of it" (also having none of anything resembling LOGIC with that last comment either...).

I reckon Freo got exactly who they wanted. If they desperately wanted LDU, they would have taken him at #2, but they guessed (rightly) that Cerra would probably slide because of his injury concerns, so pulled the trigger on Brayshaw at #2, assuming Carlton would go Dow with #3 and then North would have the choice between LDU and Cerra, and go with LDU. If they took Cerra, then LDU would have been a pretty decent consolation prize.

If they had taken Cerra at #2, then maybe North would have taken Brayshaw at #4, but for whatever reason they wanted him off the table, guessing that North would go LDU if given the choice between Cerra and LDU, but they weren't sure which one they take if the choice was between Brayshaw and LDU.

I reckon if JUST the top 6 was done again now, based on performance, not club needs, it would go:

1. Stephenson
2. Cerra
3. Rayner
4. Brayshaw
5. LDU
6. Dow

I think Rayner still goes 1. No one would take LDU in the top 5, the Bulldogs kids might break into the top 5.

During the build up to last years draft I was often perusing the Brissie board, mainly to see if there were any hints of who they would take with pick #1

I along with Allikat were super keen on Rayner as I'm sure were a few others.

Anyhoo When Brissie interviewed UDL he made all the wrong noises regarding moving away from vic. Those type of players never turn out A grade, and it seems UDL went to the club of his choice and is comfortable, rather than having to challenge himself

No matter which way norf want to spin it their midfield would look a whole lot better with Brayshaw or Cherry baby alongside Ahern (who has been a massive win) Instead of UDL jogging around in the VFL

During the build up to last years draft I was often perusing the Brissie board, mainly to see if there were any hints of who they would take with pick #1

I along with Allikat were super keen on Rayner as I'm sure were a few others.

Anyhoo When Brissie interviewed UDL he made all the wrong noises regarding moving away from vic. Those type of players never turn out A grade, and it seems UDL went to the club of his choice and is comfortable, rather than having to challenge himself

No matter which way norf want to spin it their midfield would look a whole lot better with Brayshaw or Cherry baby alongside Ahern (who has been a massive win) Instead of UDL jogging around in the VFL
I think you make a fair point about having committed to a move interstate, and using it as a way to challenge yourself and focus on your football. Interesting to contrast him with Rayner who projected as lacking fitness as well as also being a potential go-homer. He seems to have bought in, extended, and doing his best. Same as our boys. Well 50:50 on the extended bit.

The reality is from the picks we could have taken the two we took are realistically both worthy of being in the top 5 after nearly a full years football. That is a win for Freo. Time may change the perception of who is the best etc but at this time it looks odds on our two picks were wise choices.

I think Rayner still goes 1. No one would take LDU in the top 5, the Bulldogs kids might break into the top 5.
Yeah you're probably right. He has looked all class the few times I have seem him play. Then Stephenson / Cerra to vie for #2/3. Brayshaw at 4 and raffle off 5 between a couple of youngsters. But that fact our two young blokes both look top 5 material after almost a whole season of being bashed around in the 1s, AND that they are bottom bottom agers (Oct/Nov birthdays) is a great sign for the long term.

Just our of interest rgauci - what would your top 10 look like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back