List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that worries me is there's a very high chance that they've already offered him an extension, like they did with Brayshaw, and he's said no.

Otherwise, you'd definitely offer him an extension right now.
100% we've offered an extension, no reason for us not to have

Where is all the other extensions?? I don't buy it. I wouldn't be surprised if Brayshaw seeked his extension, seems like the type who would. Out ot the new draftees we wouldn't offer just those 2 extensions and completely neglect Dixon, Crowden, Meek ETC. Cerra is just in the same boat as them and you need to just give the process time. Be patient instead of overthinking the worst case scenarios.

Loooooool!

Pure speculation. Yet you sound so sure

You ever heard of probability? It was just an observation, but, we have done so with Logue and Brayshaw, and lots of other clubs are signing up their first round picks in their first year.

Why wouldn't we offer an early extension to an high-interstate draft pick when we have done so with others? I'm not saying he's gonna leave. In hindsight, I would change my post to say there is a moderate chance we've offered him an extension, and if so, there would be some cause for concern that he hasn't signed it. But, of course, that concern would be a tad premature. So chill bro.

Last edited:
The kid may have taken an offer on board and thought...wait til I’ve lit up a few times and then i’ll ask for a cherry on top. My gut feel is he isn’t comfortable, but we’ve done well keeping kids in recent memory. Weller was a godfather deal, not many other gun kids have left us in the lurch.

A very wise man said repeatedly on this forum last year...”you never trade a top 5 pick”.

Those of you who wanted to trade our #5 for a couple of picks in the teens are very silent these days.
Tim Kelly looked pretty damn good last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a great debut and he showed his class. As well as a good mover he is quite tall and good overhead. He will furnish into a beast when he has finished growing. At least we have him for two years and if he does decide to go back to Melbourne we will get decent compensation for him.

That was a great debut and he showed his class. As well as a good mover he is quite tall and good overhead. He will furnish into a beast when he has finished growing. At least we have him for two years and if he does decide to go back to Melbourne we will get decent compensation for him.

Agreed. I definitely loved that he can play forward. That's just such a great string to have in his bow. It's a perfect place for him to start his career, similar to Petracca.

Cerra looks a likely type. Really impressed with him. Just watching the replay, was a nice touch seeing Alex Pearce hugging him after the game. Let’s not forget he just moved from his family and is adjusting to life in WA without his childhood friends for family.

It totally makes sense that he wants to take his time in re-signing, he is only 2 games into his first season!! He will re-sign when he is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cerra looks a likely type. Really impressed with him. Just watching the replay, was a nice touch seeing Alex Pearce hugging him after the game. Let’s not forget he just moved from his family and is adjusting to life in WA without his childhood friends for family.

It totally makes sense that he wants to take his time in re-signing, he is only 2 games into his first season!! He will re-sign when he is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes more sense than the worry merchants stressing that a rookie hasn't extended their contract by round 2 first year.

Back