List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the vibe

Have watched the last 10min of the 4th through to where they sing the song more times than a grown man should and what's noticeable is after the siren Cerra is not really inner sanctum, he's very much on the periphery. He's clearly ecstatic with the win but doesnt really get involved too much. Could be just his personality but he had 11 touches in the last QTR would have expected him to be in amongst it more.

Also no interview with Cez after career best game. Expanding on that Hayden young interview when talking about who played well on the weekend he doesn't mention Cez which given he got 8 coaches votes or something is a little odd.
That and also his name is spelt Cerra which everyone knows stands for Certainly Everyone Really Reckons Away so obviously that plus the name of his dog, Fido, (Freo Is Dying Off) means he's definitely gawn. Bookmark it.

I think COVID has made it harder to say he is staying due to the fact that they can't go back and see their families anymore during breaks or injury layoffs as readily as before.
So my take on it is if our club could guarantee that we could manage his family time with visits while in Melbourne and flights back home when injured or on byes etc it would be easier to retain him.
But with lockdowns and restrictions he is not allowed to see his family even when in Melbourne , We could see Cerra as the first casualty of Covid .
And for that reason I think he maybe Gone.

I think COVID has made it harder to say he is staying due to the fact that they can't go back and see their families anymore during breaks or injury layoffs as readily as before.
So my take on it is if our club could guarantee that we could manage his family time with visits while in Melbourne and flights back home when injured or on byes etc it would be easier to retain him.
But with lockdowns and restrictions he is not allowed to see his family even when in Melbourne , We could see Cerra as the first casualty of Covid .
And for that reason I think he maybe Gone.
Club should pay for the fam's flights to WA and give them free accommodation when they stay here.

You know who I feel sorry for in all of this. JLo and his teammates who clearly know he’s gone but have to lie to the media when asked.

Make Cerra lie to the camera til the end of season. Grow some balls instead of hiding behind coaches and teammates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But seriously, my impression is with so many major cities so close to each other in the US it's a bit more normalised to move away for college etc. Would that be right?

Over here everyone lives in 5 main cities so people often seem to get a bit more rooted in place.

Yeah, there has to be something culturally that draws people back to their hometown family and friends. Maybe we just like our families less. haha. Maybe we are more likely to make new friends? Who knows? I won't pretend I have any idea why, but I've never heard the word "homesick" used for any US college or professional athlete and it seems like any player at any club not in their home state is speculated to have a "go home factor". It's fascinating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know who I feel sorry for in all of this. JLo and his teammates who clearly know he’s gone but have to lie to the media when asked.

Make Cerra lie to the camera til the end of season. Grow some balls instead of hiding behind coaches and teammates.

That's great in theory. But if he came out and said he's going then had a quiet game the scrutiny would be immense.

Yeah, there has to be something culturally that draws people back to their hometown family and friends. Maybe we just like our families less. haha. Maybe we are more likely to make new friends? Who knows? I won't pretend I have any idea why, but I've never heard the word "homesick" used for any US college or professional athlete and it seems like any player at any club not in their home state is speculated to have a "go home factor". It's fascinating.

When you compare AFL to the US there's about a 3% chance that you'll be drafted by your home town team in the NBA. Where as a Victorian playing AFL has a better than 50% chance of staying home. We're also drafting players much younger than in the US, and paying them much less money.

If someone is drafted in the top ten in America they're probably paying for their family to relocate at some stage too. Not really an option in Australia unless you sign a deal like Buddy's.

Thank God for that

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
For all those breathing a sigh of relief that Bolton has re-signed I don't get it, he would still be better than at least half of the players that pulled on the Freo jumper last weekend. He is 22 with blistering pace, has won 2 GF's already and would have fit with our talented U23 players well.

For all those breathing a sigh of relief that Bolton has re-signed I don't get it, he would still be better than at least half of the players that pulled on the Freo jumper last weekend. He is 22 with blistering pace, has won 2 GF's already and would have fit with our talented U23 players well.
because Richmond won't have the picks for a Cerra trade so the most likely way of it happening was a swap with Bolton (with or without extras). Probably don't have the $ now too. Was about Cerra more than Bolton for many of us

because Richmond won't have the picks for a Cerra trade so the most likely way of it happening was a swap with Bolton (with or without extras). Probably don't have the $ now too. Was about Cerra more than Bolton for many of us
Nah it wasnt. Bolton is;
A) Match winning at this best, invisible at his worst
B) Already a multiple premiership player (less incentive)
C) Extremely expensive to bring over in picks and salary cap

People dont want Bolton because our history of trading players is predominantly negative and it had all the markings of a Hogan situation.

Richmond can afford the draft capital for Cerra without losing Bolton pretty easily

Agree with the vibe

Have watched the last 10min of the 4th through to where they sing the song more times than a grown man should and what's noticeable is after the siren Cerra is not really inner sanctum, he's very much on the periphery. He's clearly ecstatic with the win but doesnt really get involved too much. Could be just his personality but he had 11 touches in the last QTR would have expected him to be in amongst it more.

Also no interview with Cez after career best game. Expanding on that Hayden young interview when talking about who played well on the weekend he doesn't mention Cez which given he got 8 coaches votes or something is a little odd.
Phff, practicing divination are we? What a load

That's great in theory. But if he came out and said he's going then had a quiet game the scrutiny would be immense.

My point is Cerra is hiding while making his teammates/coach answer questions about his future.

Mundy during his 350th game had to answer the Cerra question.

Young during his rising star had to answer it.

Serong yesterday had to answer it.

Everybody who’s given an interview on tv or radio had to answer it.

JLo every week.

Where is Cerra?

My point is Cerra is hiding while making his teammates/coach answer questions about his future.

Mundy during his 350th game had to answer the Cerra question.

Young during his rising star had to answer it.

Serong yesterday had to answer it.

Everybody who’s given an interview on tv or radio had to answer it.

JLo every week.

Where is Cerra?

I'd assume Cerra's being shielded by the club because they don't want too much pressure on him. Sensible.

Back