List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

For all those breathing a sigh of relief that Bolton has re-signed I don't get it, he would still be better than at least half of the players that pulled on the Freo jumper last weekend. He is 22 with blistering pace, has won 2 GF's already and would have fit with our talented U23 players well.

I was hoping to get a good look at him last Sunday, shame he didn't play.

Last edited:

apparently SEN reporting he signed for us with 600k, but there was an offer on the table for 800k...

would you have 800k if Cerra was staying or is that a sign they are using his money else where...

I genuinely have no idea with the contract and TPP for Freo. If the offer was on top of Cerra staying, it at least means you are in a good position to lure a top end recruit to the club

apparently SEN reporting he signed for us with 600k, but there was an offer on the table for 800k...

would you have 800k if Cerra was staying or is that a sign they are using his money else where...

I genuinely have no idea with the contract and TPP for Freo. If the offer was on top of Cerra staying, it at least means you are in a good position to lure a top end recruit to the club

Firstly, has Richmond announced anything and secondly, why do you assume (if true) the other offer was from Fremantle.

Firstly, has Richmond announced anything and secondly, why do you assume (if true) the other offer was from Fremantle.
nothing confirmed at all... so we are all just guessing...

Someone on our boards said SEN reported the other offer was from Freo...

to be fair, it could all be sh*t, but if we waiting for everything to be facts, the boards would be a little boring wouldn't they.

If you keep Cerra and are available to offer that, that's a good thing for you, means you are in a great position list and TPP wise.

nothing confirmed at all... so we are all just guessing...

Someone on our boards said SEN reported the other offer was from Freo...

to be fair, it could all be sh*t, but if we waiting for everything to be facts, the boards would be a little boring wouldn't they.

If you keep Cerra and are available to offer that, that's a good thing for you, means you are in a great position list and TPP wise.
Congrats on Bolton signing, unsure what our payments are but I think Cerra will sign for a two year extension and Lobb might be the one out the door.
Good luck for the rest of the season 🙂

Agree with the vibe

Have watched the last 10min of the 4th through to where they sing the song more times than a grown man should and what's noticeable is after the siren Cerra is not really inner sanctum, he's very much on the periphery. He's clearly ecstatic with the win but doesnt really get involved too much. Could be just his personality but he had 11 touches in the last QTR would have expected him to be in amongst it more.

Also no interview with Cez after career best game. Expanding on that Hayden young interview when talking about who played well on the weekend he doesn't mention Cez which given he got 8 coaches votes or something is a little odd.
Completely agree. My perception was he was a little removed from the celebrations.

I’m an expert in body language and brain functions.
There was a pass off his left when he hit a team mate on the tit. Cerra definitely twitched in his right eyebrow to suggest an underlying stress, which can only be related to his big decision.

Your casual viewer wouldn’t have even noticed, but as a trained professional in this field it spoke many words.

I continued to watch to see if other tell tale signs would appear. Low and behold at the 17 minute mark of the 3rd term, he tapped a team mate on the backside twice. Once is the norm, so 2 taps indicates further trauma on the brain… again one only assumes with the decision. You see, it’s a guilt thing, so a double tap is a way to over compensate. A classic ‘rookie’ error of trying to hide his decision, in plain sight.

All the couch experts picking up on change rooms antics or after siren expressions are playing checkers.

Im playing chess, so next time he takes the field pay attention to the twitch and double bum taps. It’s here where he has signalled his decision.

For all those breathing a sigh of relief that Bolton has re-signed I don't get it, he would still be better than at least half of the players that pulled on the Freo jumper last weekend. He is 22 with blistering pace, has won 2 GF's already and would have fit with our talented U23 players well.
Yep
The mind boggles .

You'd be happy to pay 700k and some first round picks for what he delivered on Sunday?

Because I bet that's what we'd be getting most of the time.
Didn’t he have 8 shots at goal or something?
I’ve said it before that I want a ready made Cerra replacement otherwise we just get set back again.
So to me a straight swap ( or close to) was the best outcome of this s**t situation.
If we only got picks for Cerra then to use our best picks at their optimum we should be chasing best tall forwards not midfielders.
Therefore no midfield replacement for his loss , then Mundys .
Bolton is a jet and it’s folly for anyone to convince themselves otherwise.

But then what the hell do I know 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have absolutely no idea, so here is some unfounded speculation.

If we assume:
- Cerra is currently on $400k, and we need to find $300k for the new contract.
- We offered Bolton $800k
Then we would have needed to find $1.1m a year to have both.

If Conca retires, is that $400k? If Colyer isn't renewed is that 300-ish? If we delist a bunch of guys like Bewley, Banfield, Giro, Crowden, etc and replace then with draft picks, do we make a net saving of, say, $100k per de-listed player? (Assuming that a newbie wil cost us around 100-150k and the guys mentioned are on something like 200-250k each)

I really don't know but if we have a clean out of some of the depth guys, perhaps we could have afforded both?

If not, then perhaps they are really thinking Lobb will leave.

Back