Player Watch Pick #51 (2017) - Kane Farrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how far he can kick it when hes actually trying

I think the thing is it's all about timing and beautiful technique. It's like hitting a 6 or a big drive off the tee. Some dudes do it with sheer brute power, and for some it's timing and technique. I don't think by trying to force it he's gonna get much more distance, it'll probably be worse. He just hits them completely flush and they sail 60+

Mark Bickley rates Farrell as a top 2 kick in the AFL.

2 – Kane Farrell (Port Adelaide)

Kane Farrell I’ve got as the second-best kick in the competition.

“He’s got great, length, accuracy at goal and he makes it look so beautiful.”

Man on South Australian radio show names two players from South Australian teams as the two best kicks in the competition. More at 11.

Also the big racist isn't even the best kick at the Crows, let alone the competition. Dawson is a much better kick.

Mark Bickley rates Farrell as a top 2 kick in the AFL.

2 – Kane Farrell (Port Adelaide)

“Kane Farrell I’ve got as the second-best kick in the competition.

“He’s got great, length, accuracy at goal and he makes it look so beautiful.”

Needs more NWM

Does anyone remember when it looked like Farrell would be a very good small/medium forward? Mostly due to his laser accurate goal kicking

I still don't get why we drafted so many forwards and turned them all in defenders / wingman, and then we turn our defenders into forwards.

Bergman, Williams and Farrell were all highly touted forwards, but instead we play DBJ down there

Farrell played down back as a junior - it was the Club who tried to move him forward.

Dylan was too slow to be a forward at AFL level. Hard to get by as a small forward with no pace unless you're Robbie Gray.

Bergman played everywhere as a junior.

I do agree with you that the small forward is a role that this club has somewhat overlooked and a big reason for that was because Robbie Gray consistently bailed Ken out of multiple jams.

Take Papley or Charlie Cameron - they can completely change a game in 5 minutes. Meanwhile the club are happy with Jed because he applies pressure. It's ridiculous.

'Best kick' is just too ambiguous. What does it mean? Best kick at goal? Then it probably is Walker. Best field kick is completely different kettle of fish. Field kicking is more about decision making than kicking ability.

I would say Zak Butters is probably the best kick in our side, not because he is a long or accurate kick, but because he always makes good decisions and kicks it to dangerous places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back