Remove this Banner Ad

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do you think Ken could turn Kane into a half back flanker with a kick that accurate?

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
No .. he is to good a kick for goal .. He might have had 4 if he did not pass to SGray. When he did, I said what the ... he learnt from that, and even said no to Motlop...

Last edited:

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I really love what he has become as a half forward and hope we keep him there. the combination of goal kicking, kicking inside 50 and speed is too good and something we lacked so badly in the forward half until recently. has showed a bit of toughness and a defensive side this year too. having Farrell and butters as forwards who push into the midfield is perfect to compliment our midfield. 2 extra mids in the side who can also perform forward.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Kane has a lot of Rozee about him- elite speed, good overhead, able to apply good pressure, composed with the ball and one of the better players when looking to hit a target inside 50. He hasn't shown the same potential to play in the midfield but they are very similar players.

The only thing better than having one Rozee is having two.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep, this guy's class... the poise and self-assuredness for a kid playing his first game of the season.

An absolute steal as a pick 51.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kane has a lot of Rozee about him- elite speed, good overhead, able to apply good pressure, composed with the ball and one of the better players when looking to hit a target inside 50. He hasn't shown the same potential to play in the midfield but they are very similar players.

The only thing better than having one Rozee is having two.
Yeah. The thing we can say about both Rozee and Farrell is composure.
We've lacked that in recent times and teams like Hawthorn have had it in spades.

If they can increase the number of disposals we will end up with 2 gems.

4.1 today and the one behind was a poster.

He is like a better version of Cyril Rioli in the sense that he may have minimal possessions but has maximum impact.

Maybe let's rein that in a teensy bit? He's played 12 games.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe let's rein that in a teensy bit? He's played 12 games.

The downside about Farrell is apparently that he doesn’t get enough of the ball, but his stats are no different to what a prime Cyril would normally average.

Besides, Cyril was a criminally overrated player so it’s not that big of a comparison. If I compared him to Eddie Betts or Stephen Milne then I’d be biting off more than I can chew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This guy needs the ball in his hands more often in front of goal.

He's a bit old school Ken, you know, takes mark, mouth guard in sock, 'goal' - 85% of the time I'd say.

All Ken does is have wet dreams abut S Gray having a 4 on 1 marking contest.

How do we know Frampton is really no good either? we simply don't have a gamelan built around making best use of people like Farrell and others.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was the best kick in the country for his age in his draft year. No way he gets to 51 if he was finding it more hopefully that comes then we have an absolute steal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back