List Mgmt. Pick 56 - Dougal Howard 199cm KPF (err KPD) ... maybe KPF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robbo1981

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bassett basically said we have lots of young tall forwards so why the fu** didn't we just settle him at chb instead of trying to make him a forward ? Some real shit decisions being made at the club thank fu** for our 3 first rounders last yr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DaTBird187

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2014
By the fire drinking Cognac.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Bassett has failed to grasp his chances as a forwards coach.
He deserves the same treatment as Howard.

I chose trebuchet font because this method of departure seems appropriate.

View attachment 775716
Yeah it's good......but could it beat a Dulmial gun in a fight?

TeeKray

Mar 1, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Howard was going fine until our forward line was failing, then he added some life forward so they decided to use him there. He wasn't swung forward because he was failing down back.
He was going OK in the back line, but just OK. He'd lost his spot to Jack Watts in the opening rounds. If Jack didn't get injured, who knows if he ever would've regained that spot down back.

Janus

Dominus Ex Machina
Sep 9, 2007
Portland, Oregon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
He was going OK in the back line, but just OK. He'd lost his spot to Jack Watts in the opening rounds. If Jack didn't get injured, who knows if he ever would've regained that spot down back.
Howard played pretty well against West Coast and North Melbourne.

He was below average every other game.

Same thing with when he went up forward. Played pretty well against St Kilda and Adelaide, and was below average every other game.

I don't think he'll be the superstar defender he has the potential of being, because like Aidyn Johnson, he's lazy as fu**. I fully agree with Bassett's assessment.

Top Bottom