List Mgmt. Pick 56 - Dougal Howard 199cm KPF (err KPD) ... maybe KPF

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovely fella, fantastic spoiler, all round good bloke. Came back last year in a terrible condition and by all accounts has done the same again this year just in a different location. Go back and watch Doug's games in 2019, he's quick off the mark but he lacks stamina - so many games where Doug's has his hands on his hips and isn't going for the second effort. How long do you keep a guy in your side who gets on well with others and has great potential? We've dodged a bullet and we have 3 first round draft picks. Credit where credit is due - good job by PAFC.
Ban this poster!

Positivity is not allowed, and will no longer be tolerated

Tom Rischbieth.

Supposedly dodged 1, but got hit by 10 vs North Melbourne because of our undersized defence which Westhoff won't fix.

Ben Brown didn't kick 10 goals against us because he is tall.

As did his opponents giving him so much space

He didn't need to take one contested mark that day on his way to 10 goals. He would've had tougher goalkicking practice at preseason training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can run a 9:00 minute 3km, you can lap someone who is doing it in 10:25 if it's on a 400m track. Dougal Howard is probably not at Mitch Harvey levels.
Blicavs can do that time or better. Kornes best 3km time was 9.10 or 9.12.

So Dougs wasn't lapped twice but was lapped once by each of the top two runners and still finished in under 12 minutes for a 3km time trial.

View attachment 781435
Dooogs should be more worried about doing repeat 300m and 400m sprints than 3km time trails

i'd hope the entire list got at least 10:30 - 11 minutes. And most sub 10. Running 3km shouldn't be hard for AFL players.

So Dougs wasn't lapped twice but was lapped once by each of the top two runners and still finished in under 12 minutes for a 3km time trial.

View attachment 781435

4 minutes per kilometre (12 minutes) for an elite AFL athlete is garbage. Kane Cornes would run the 3km in 9:15...3 minutes and 5 seconds per kilometre.

Running under 11 minutes would mean you have to run 3 minutes 40 per kilometre.

Howard was running 400 m at 2 minutes 24 seconds on average. Which means that the two guys who lapped him finished under 9:36 - 3 min 12 second per kilometre.

"Under 12 minutes" (read 11:59) vs 9:36? When no other player on the St Kilda list was lapped? Their elite runners might be good, but that doesn't mean that Howard wasn't bad.

4 minutes per kilometre (12 minutes) for an elite AFL athlete is garbage. Kane Cornes would run the 3km in 9:15...3 minutes and 5 seconds per kilometre.

Running under 11 minutes would mean you have to run 3 minutes 40 per kilometre.

Howard was running 400 m at 2 minutes 24 seconds on average. Which means that the two guys who lapped him finished under 9:36 - 3 min 12 second per kilometre.

"Under 12 minutes" (read 11:59) vs 9:36? When no other player on the St Kilda list was lapped? Their elite runners might be good, but that doesn't mean that Howard wasn't bad.
Yeah, I get your point. He left Ports so he is now a s**t player.

His gone from being beaten by 800m by the rest of the squad to running a poor time. Keep spinning mate. :)

Yeah, I get your point. He left Ports so he is now a s**t player.

His gone from being beaten by 800m by the rest of the squad to running a poor time. Keep spinning mate. :)

Please quote me where I said he was lapped twice by the entire squad.

I bet you can't find it.

I was obviously generalising.

Sorry for assuming an ability to reason and understand hyperbole. :rolleyes:

Speaking of hyperbole, I never said Howard was or is a s**t player. I said he was lazy as *.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back