Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo would hate us bidding on him at 4
Imagine if we did the green / henry double nomination at pick 4... would really throw out the draft
If we want to be ruthless its what we should be doing.

Even if we trade instead of bid 4 for 6 and GWS 2020 1st and then 6 and 37 for 7 and 22

Out 4 In 7 22 GWS 2020 1st

If we want to be ruthless its what we should be doing.

Even if we trade instead of bid 4 for 6 and GWS 2020 1st and then 6 and 37 for 7 and 22

Out 4 In 7 22 GWS 2020 1st
Then, when Freo don't match, and we've spent pick 4 on a small forward?

Doesn't seem that ruthless then.

Then, when Freo don't match, and we've spent pick 4 on a small forward?

Doesn't seem that ruthless then.

I love it!

Isn't she saying we trade with GWS and Freo instead of bidding?

Didn't we do that with GWS just last season so they would be safe from a bid from us for Briggs? We got a sweet deal then.

We trade 4 to GWS for 6 and 2020 first rounder, then they don't have to worry about a bid on Green.

We then trade 6 and 37 to Freo for 7 and 22, meaning Freo get in ahead of us and are safe from a bid on Henry.

Stephens big Carlton fan and would be a dream to play for them. Very impressed by Teagues interview

I love it!

Didn't we do that with GWS just last season so they would be safe from a bid from us for Briggs? We got a sweet deal then.

We trade 4 to GWS for 6 and 2020 first rounder, then they don't have to worry about a bid on Green.

We then trade 6 and 37 to Freo for 7 and 22, meaning Freo get in ahead of us and are safe from a bid on Henry.
"Even if we trade instead of bid" - except the trade with Freo is based on their assumption we will bid, and they know that's an empty threat.

I love it!

I think Freo would feel pretty safe at pick 7 re a Henry did. It's more likely they feel at risk at pick 10, and I'm not sure that we would want to trade down from 4 to 10 unless we got something pretty good in 2020 (ie Freo's 1st pick, with probably GWS' 1st going to them).

Happy to trade their 22 for our later picks in any deal.

Dylan Stephens saying he’d love to stay in Adelaide and play for the Crows but happy to go wherever.

So can debunk the myth he didn’t want to play for the Crows

If it is true that we are seriously considering him, then we must be very confident of trading out of pick 4 for multiple 1sts as there is no way on gods earth we should be using pick 4 alone on him. I could handle a trade with freo (not that they would do it imo) of 4 + 23 for 7 + 10 - as they will be confident that they get to use 7 & 10 before bid for Henry comes in. I'd also be really pissed if we trade down for a few picks between 11 & 20 - makes a mockery of the carlton trade last year to net a high pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd also be really pissed if we trade down for a few picks between 11 & 20 - makes a mockery of the carlton trade last year to net a high pick

Wouldn't it depend on what we would get for splitting 4 as opposed to splitting 9? The return for splitting 4 may be a better return than if we were splitting 9.

I love it!

You're right, we want them to believe we would bid so they trade with us, If the trade doesn't happen of course we don't bid on Henry we just take who ever we want at 6.

Play the long game, interview the kid tell him we rate him highly, speak in the media about Eddie leaving has left a giant hole in the team at small forward (even though we all know Stengle will be good) Freo just have to believe we would be crazy enough to do it, we've done it before, we are known bidders.

You're right, we want them to believe we would bid so they trade with us, If the trade doesn't happen of course we don't bid on Henry we just take who ever we want at 6.

Play the long game, interview the kid tell him we rate him highly, speak in the media about Eddie leaving has left a giant hole in the team at small forward (even though we all know Stengle will be good) Freo just have to believe we would be crazy enough to do it, we've done it before, we are known bidders.
Yes

Live trading will be interesting this year.

Alot of academy players for the 2020 draft so next years late round picks will be more of value.

I won't be suprised if we end up with 2 first round picks.

Live trading will be interesting this year.

Alot of academy players for the 2020 draft so next years late round picks will be more of value.

I won't be suprised if we end up with 2 first round picks.
Are you saying we'll trade out some of our next years late picks we have now, to get back into the first round this year?

We have alot of academy potentials next year, surely we need to keep those picks?

Are you saying we'll trade out some of our next years late picks we have now, to get back into the first round this year?

We have alot of academy potentials next year, surely we need to keep those picks?
Unless we are confident on offers on more peripheral players next year to make up the points... who knows?

Back