Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Does anyone remember the exact trade we did with GWS to get Carlton second rounder this year?
Yes the Cartlon 2nd rd pick we received from the Gibb trade, was traded to GWS who wanted Hill and was scared that Sydney wanted him, Rumour also has it they were also worried that we would use pick 24 on Briggs, Either one is passable. So they traded for our pick 24 to use on Hill, We received pick 30 Hamill (rumour again has it he was our choice at pick24) and Carlton 2019 2nd which GWS received in the Setterfield trade.
So in the wash up the Gibbs trade also netted us Hamil and Carlton 2019 2nd pick

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
IIRC didnt SOS want three 1sts for Pick 1 ???

Now if something like that landed in our lap you definitely would consider the options. In terms of rebuilding, that would take a solid 3 years to acquire.
Oh there you go..you ruined it now. 'SOS said 3 x 1sts for pick 1'..as we can all see what the hell does SOS know:D

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes the Cartlon 2nd rd pick we received from the Gibb trade, was traded to GWS who wanted Hill and was scared that Sydney wanted him, Rumour also has it they were also worried that we would use pick 24 on Briggs, Either one is passable. So they traded for our pick 24 to use on Hill, We received pick 30 Hamill (rumour again has it he was our choice at pick24) and Carlton 2019 2nd which GWS received in the Setterfield trade.
So in the wash up the Gibbs trade also netted us Hamil and Carlton 2019 2nd pick
We got a hell of a deal from GWS in that one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up with pick 1 and not go for Rowell or Anderson. Imagine the melts and then 2 years later we end up with the next Dramafield. Thanks Haggis

We get Rowell.

In 2 years time he then walks Carlton.

Carlton fans think they won the 2019 deal, not realising that if he walks to Carlton, its almost a lock that they are still bottom, because every other Vic team will take him first.

Perthcrow23

Senior List
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought it was very straight forward in principle. GWS would get 2 x top 5 players from our pick 1 and their points to take their academy pick which a later pick of ours could help them with. We would get 2 x 1st rounders and a player we want (ie Himmelberg)
Its not bad but could change our second pick to our carlton second and they can give us Aiden Bonnar too.
Our two firsts (1 and 19)and a third(or future 3rd or 2nd) they get Rowell and Green
For their 2 firsts (lets say 10 and 16), himmelberg and bonnar

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
from what you have seen - does he project as a better prospect than a fit Brad Crouch?
Very similar at the same age, perhaps even better on the inside, Crouch had also played some really good footy as a running back off half back whereas Rowell shapes more as a pure mid. I'd still be in favour of taking the bigger/taller mid Noah Anderson if it came to choosing between the two because he offers more versatility with his proven forward craft on top of his midfield talent.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very similar at the same age, perhaps even better on the inside, Crouch had also played some really good footy as a running back off half back whereas Rowell shapes more as a pure mid. I'd still be in favour of taking the bigger/taller mid Noah Anderson if it came to choosing between the two because he offers more versatility with his proven forward craft on top of his midfield talent.
cheers for that. It is sounding like we can't really go wrong taking either Rowell or Anderson when the crunch time comes to use the likely top 2 pick we get

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
cheers for that. It is sounding like we can't really go wrong taking either Rowell or Anderson when the crunch time comes to use the likely top 2 pick we get
I think Anderson could play a similar role to Jordan De Goey up forward if required as well as midfield.

Dylan Williams could be the sleeper if he lives up to the promise he showed in 2018, slightly underwhelming thus far this season but if he performs at the Championships and in the back end of the season he could fly up the rankings with a bang.Highly skilled, highly talented.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Anderson could play a similar role to Jordan De Goey up forward if required as well as midfield.

Dylan Williams could be the sleeper if he lives up to the promise he showed in 2018, slightly underwhelming thus far this season but if he performs at the Championships and in the back end of the season he could fly up the rankings with a bang.Highly skilled, highly talented.
Are you seeing some talent Haggis would be really keen to get his hands on around our likely early 20's pick and early 30's pick. I have not seen any of the kids live apart from Cam Taheny (who goes to my lad's school) and I really really rate him - very athletic and silky skilled ..but I think he will go before the carlton 2nd rounder we have

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Are you seeing some talent Haggis would be really keen to get his hands on around our likely early 20's pick and early 30's pick. I have not seen any of the kids live apart from Cam Taheny (who goes to my lad's school) and I really really rate him - very athletic and silky skilled ..but I think he will go before the carlton 2nd rounder we have

Bit early to suss out where players outside the top 10 sit but some I like that could be in that range

Jay Rantall - Inside/Outside Mid that hits the scoreboard - Australian basketball rep now concentrating on footy....raw but massive upside.
Daniel Mott - Inside Mid - Prolific accumulator
Trent Bianco - 176cm outside mid/defender with pace and elite skills
Cooper Stephens - Inside Mid
Ned Cahill - Clever Small Forward/Mid
Tom Dow - Inside Mid
Fischer McAsey - KPD/KPF
Josh Worrell - KPD

hugecannon

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Hopefully we’re able to package our 2 x 2nd round picks for a higher selection and give us a chance at someone like Taheny.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hopefully we’re able to package our 2 x 2nd round picks for a higher selection and give us a chance at someone like Taheny.
Maybe one of the GWS 1sts and maybe a 3rd for our 2 x 2nd rounders - helps them with points, gives us a better chance for someone like Cam and we may also end up with a 3rd to take a punt on a youngster with

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe one of the GWS 1sts and maybe a 3rd for our 2 x 2nd rounders - helps them with points, gives us a better chance for someone like Cam and we may also end up with a 3rd to take a punt on a youngster with
I would add - imagine ending up with Rowell or anderson and Taheny for our 1st 2 picks..FMD, where do we sign

Back