Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BringbackWebb

Debutant
May 30, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I cant see it being pick 1.. it will be pick 2. Suns will still finish bottom

Have to totally agree with this, there is a strong chance Suns will be bottom I am afraid, but 2 is still a fantastic pick and a great chance to get the best possible player at the time.

Damage is well and truly done here. Even with a dead cat bounce, a team as much of a shambles as Carlton, and as far behind shouldn't make up a 2 game gap.

1-2 wins and Gold Coast are safe from the spoon. They'll get them as well as Dew is a pretty solid operator.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
We generally do pretty well with our draft picks ... they just take some time before we see Hamish's pov.

Matt Crouch
Riley Knight
Kyle Hartigan
Rory Laird
Charlie Cameron
Jake Kelly

Jake Lever
Mitch McGovern
Reilly O'Brien

Wayne Milera
Tom Doedee
Hugh Greenwood
Alex Keath

Jordan Gallucci
Myles Poholke
Elliott Himmelberg
Ben Davis

Darcy Fogarty
Andrew McPherson
Patrick Wilson
Lachlan Murphy

Chayce Jones
Ned McHenry
Will Hamill
Lachlan Sholl
Kieran Strachan
Jordon Butts

I'm looking forward to seeing where our most recent crops end up, I have high hopes for some of these guys ... 2016 onwards still has a lot of upside :)

Give Hamish 3 or 4 inside 20 picks and he will make hay.

If we want more early-ish picks it would make sense. We currently have 1, 19, 29 ... I'm not sure what we can do with those and improve our over-all position. There are also the possibilities of player trades for picks I guess (Jenkins a big chance). Two possible clubs interested in our current hand would be GWS and Gold Coast.

GWS would like to have a pick before their academy pick turns up. Gold Coast might look at something to secure 1 and 2 for Rowell and Anderson.

The question is: In the modern game, does the draft provide successful teams with their guns ... or does that come from trading / free agency?

The draft is one area of our club that I'm not too concerned about, as we seem to actually have a process and a plan developed and implemented by someone with a truly impressive track record.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Seriously though, pick 1 or 2. Does it really matter?

The kid you pick up at 2 is probably going to be number one on your pecking order anyway.

Based on Hamish Ogilvie's track record (of not selecting the obvious - Doedee being the best example), this is almost a certainty.

Seriously though, pick 1 or 2. Does it really matter?

The kid you pick up at 2 is probably going to be number one on your pecking order anyway.

Based on Hamish Ogilvie's track record (of not selecting the obvious - Doedee being the best example), this is almost a certainty.

If we intend on keeping the Pick. Then really any Top 3 pick will do, which is guaranteed. It doesnt matter.

Every year I get told this kid is a gun and the best in that group. More likely to not be. History shows this to be the case.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well unlike last year - port won't be able to trade up to get infront of us if we hold our pick. I would still love to somehow upgrade the carlton 2nd rounder to be in a position to get another top 10 pick - again be great to pip port to Taheny or Stephens if we are keen to try for a SA lad

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
If it does end up being 1 and 19, would love to see a club desperate for Rowell or Anderson trade up. Perhaps pick 3 or 4 plus another top 10?? Not sure if there is anyone who might be able to do this without a significant departure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
1559896245361.png

If it does end up being 1 and 19, would love to see a club desperate for Rowell or Anderson trade up. Perhaps pick 3 or 4 plus another top 10?? Not sure if there is anyone who might be able to do this without a significant departure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only clubs with multiple draft picks in the first round currently are Gold Coast (have Brisbane first), and GWS (Have Essendon fisrt).

Only clubs with multiple draft picks in the first round currently are Gold Coast (have Brisbane first), and GWS (Have Essendon fisrt).

Unfortunately those picks you mentioned will be late first in Brisbane's case and a pick around 7-9 for the Dons.

Unless we got two single digit picks where one of them is under Pick 5, I wouldnt want to do a swap.

Unfortunately those picks you mentioned will be late first in Brisbane's case and a pick around 7-9 for the Dons.

Unless we got two single digit picks where one of them is under Pick 5, I wouldnt want to do a swap.

Brisbane will end up being around 12-14, though, why would you swap 1 + 19 -> 2 + 14 or something of that effect. Makes no real sense to me, and GWS are both too low and you don't want to give them two top 3 talents in one year.

That said. I reckon there would be a way to upgrade our 19 into the top 10 with GWS, they're evidently worried about us bidding, and the difference between 1 and 2 bidding on a player would be what, pick 37. Difference between one and three is pick 25, one and four is pick 13.

Reckon it wouldn't take much to convince GWS to downgrade pick 7-9 into 19 + 28 just to prevent those scenarios from happening (and would put GWS on top points wise, seeing it's very likely that pick is used in an academy bid).

I rate taheny better prospect than luko.
Do you think GC would trade luko for one of our picks and be in a position to get Taheny?

Back