News Pick 6 - Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought he came across as a relatively normal dude. Most guys I know who have, or do, play AFL are absolute pricks. Footy has a big place in our society, which is cool when its from a decent perspective, but being a good footballer when you're young opens up a few pathways. Most good footballers find it easy to have confidence and to be typically popular. Jack seems a bit unsure of himself, plenty of "ums" and pretty average posture. Though it did make me cringe when he trotted out the "get around" vernacular that's so popular down footy clubs...

But hey, I think everyone changes a bit down the footy club. No crime.

Also, is there a chance he takes the train to training? I know it's pretty absurd, but I saw someone who looked so much like him in a pair of running shorts and shoes at North Melbourne station. Haha.

Might trudge down to see him take on Paul Seedsman in the NAB Cup. Is he a reasonable shout to play on the wing or half forward flank, up against The Seed?

Also, is there a chance he takes the train to training? I know it's pretty absurd, but I saw someone who looked so much like him in a pair of running shorts and shoes at North Melbourne station?

Were they Bulldogs ones?

Were they Bulldogs ones?
They were black shorts, he had a backpack on and was texting someone. I was on the train into Footscray to have some beers with a mate... yeah I know, middle of Footscray and intoxication – heady cocktail! (Wrong place to make that joke, probably.) It didn't click until after I went past.

Right, so you know him but you aren't sure if you saw him on the train (despite being able to say he was wearing black shorts and texting)?

How many wedgies did Jackson give you in school?

Right, so you know him but you aren't sure if you saw him on the train (despite being able to say he was wearing black shorts and texting)?

Hey? I've never met the guy. I said something above about knowing other footballers, but that was a general comment. When did I say I met Jack? And he was on the platform at North Melbs, I was going past.

Way to come across as a w***er. God I hate when someone has a critasism about a players personality (he didn't even do that) and people respond with the 'did he bully you?'. Just a stupid reasponse.

Also, is there a chance he takes the train to training? I know it's pretty absurd, but I saw someone who looked so much like him in a pair of running shorts and shoes at North Melbourne station.

Yer he does. Catches the train to West Footscray station. On the first few weeks, I seen him on my train with a bloke in a bulldogs top...mentor?

Yer he does. Catches the train to West Footscray station. On the first few weeks, I seen him on my train with a bloke in a bulldogs top...mentor?
That would've been him then. Just checking google maps now, I didn't know there was a West Footscray station, let alone one across the road from Western Oval. Might have to go down next Wednesday and watch the session, unless there's an open one worth checking out tomorrow?

Also, any idea where this is? Is it Fitzroy Gardens or even Carlton Gardens? I'm not too good with Melbourne from a height. But I'm hoping ol' Jacko's sitting along on the non-driving bandwagon. "Get around us."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, any idea where this is? Is it Fitzroy Gardens or even Carlton Gardens? I'm not too good with Melbourne from a height. But I'm hoping ol' Jacko's sitting along on the non-driving bandwagon. "Get around us."

Looks to me like the Treasury Gardens from East Melbourne, between the G and Victoria Pde.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back