News Pick 6 - Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for starting a new macrae thread (couldn't be bothered trying to find the other one), but man he is so calm with the footy. Been going over the nab cup stuff and he is just so composed. Has that one quality that makes players special above all else......time.

A lot to work on obviously but as anyone who follows any of my posts on here would know, I'm huge on decision making and footy smarts. Give me a quick thinker over an athlete any day. Macrae, from the snippets from the nab cup and his late season tac cup run, looks like a natural in that department. Big plus from the pre-season for mine.

Sorry for starting a new macrae thread (couldn't be bothered trying to find the other one), but man he is so calm with the footy. Been going over the nab cup stuff and he is just so composed. Has that one quality that makes players special above all else......time.

A lot to work on obviously but as anyone who follows any of my posts on here would know, I'm huge on decision making and footy smarts. Give me a quick thinker over an athlete any day. Macrae, from the snippets from the nab cup and his late season tac cup run, looks like a natural in that department. Big plus from the pre-season for mine.

Both Macrae and Stringer are doing exactly what they were doing in their highlight clips on youtube. Good signs early on.

Both Macrae and Stringer are doing exactly what they were doing in their highlight clips on youtube. Good signs early on.
Does anyone have a highlights clip of Ayce Cordy 5 years ago? I wouldn't mind being reminded of what we are expecting from him.

Really? It's actually one of the better KPP highlight reels I've seen. Normally it's just them leading out and kicking goals but Ayce actually gets his hands dirty in this one. Would have gone top 5-10 on the open market.
St. Kilda bid for him IIRC - were prepared to pay pick 8 or something? Anyway back on topic... :D

St. Kilda bid for him IIRC - were prepared to pay pick 8 or something? Anyway back on topic... :D
Yeah, StKilda had pick 13 but IIRC there was a rumour that some of the other clubs got together just to make sure someone bid for him so we'd have to use our 1st round pick. Don't know if there's any truth in it and no-one is likely to admit it as it would probably be regarded as draft tampering.

So, back on topic, Macrae is starting to sound pretty settled and focussed. Quite a difference from his first Bulldogs TV interview. I'm very happy with our first three ND picks so far (except for the injuries).

Thanks for the Cordy clip Dazb86 and Butane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, StKilda had pick 13 but IIRC there was a rumour that some of the other clubs got together just to make sure someone bid for him so we'd have to use our 1st round pick. Don't know if there's any truth in it and no-one is likely to admit it as it would probably be regarded as draft tampering.

So, back on topic, Macrae is starting to sound pretty settled and focussed. Quite a difference from his first Bulldogs TV interview. I'm very happy with our first three ND picks so far (except for the injuries).

Thanks for the Cordy clip Dazb86 and Butane.
I think that's likely just one of the bulldogs fans who claim we always get mistreated and the world is against us etc, etc.

Didn't anyone explain to these balded Dogs the risk of skin cancer in our environment.
Unless planning on playing in their training caps.... cover up boys !!!

probably a bit off the topic but interesting to see young O'Rourke from GWS get injured yesterday in their thumping at the hands of essendon

definitely not spiteful but it makes me feel a little bit better we recruited Macrae over him, or should i say GWS beating us to him !

I just hope Macrae has better luck with injuries over his career than his counterparts from the 2012 draft...

probably a bit off the topic but interesting to see young O'Rourke from GWS get injured yesterday in their thumping at the hands of essendon

definitely not spiteful but it makes me feel a little bit better we recruited Macrae over him, or should i say GWS beating us to him !

I just hope Macrae has better luck with injuries over his career than his counterparts from the 2012 draft...

Unfortunately we lost Stringer in his first game to injury....

Always expect injuries for first year players.

I don't think there's a sport in the world where professionalism hits you harder.

In America, you play for your high school and college in televised, hugely attended leagues. Then in soccer, you go through the youth ranks and you're a professional at 16 even though you're playing games on training grounds.

With footy, the TAC Cup and WAFL colts are basically extra-curricular. Blokes don't get paid and they're usually balancing football with school. The clubs realise this and the workrate is pretty pedestrian (in comparison to other leagues). Then you're hoisted into this high intensity workload in a physically demanding game... you're running yourself sick and you're training more in one day than you did in a week just five months ago.

For the most part though, it's pretty amazing how the human body can work. You try and comprehend that. And, somehow, plenty of young guys get through it without injury, and those who get sidelined, they're usually not there for too long.

Always expect injuries for first year players.

I don't think there's a sport in the world where professionalism hits you harder.

In America, you play for your high school and college in televised, hugely attended leagues. Then in soccer, you go through the youth ranks and you're a professional at 16 even though you're playing games on training grounds.

With footy, the TAC Cup and WAFL colts are basically extra-curricular. Blokes don't get paid and they're usually balancing football with school. The clubs realise this and the workrate is pretty pedestrian (in comparison to other leagues). Then you're hoisted into this high intensity workload in a physically demanding game... you're running yourself sick and you're training more in one day than you did in a week just five months ago.

For the most part though, it's pretty amazing how the human body can work. You try and comprehend that. And, somehow, plenty of young guys get through it without injury, and those who get sidelined, they're usually not there for too long.

Collegiate athletes don't get paid either and also need to maintain a specific GPA required by the NCAA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back