List Mgmt. Pick 69 - Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked what I saw from Meek yesterday. Do you think he could over take Darcy?
Unsure at this point.

Darcy was taken in the 2016 Draft has played 28 games between 2017-2020.

Meek was taken in the 2017 draft and remarkably hasnt not played an AFL game. 2018 I can understand as he was skinny and Sandilands was still our number 1 ruckman. 2019.... Should of got An AFL debut in that final game of the season vs Port at Adelaide oval when Ross Lyon was sacked. In 2020, he trained well but in the 2nd half of the season had an injury that left him out for the rest of the season.

Meek has to play round 1 regardless if Darcy is fit or not. He will be facing the demons main ruck in max gawn

It should be no surprise that whichever of the two has been fit for the preseason looks like being the better long term prospect from the point of observing it.

Darcy has played better games at AFL level than Meek has at WAFL. I want both of them to play at the same time with Meek handling the bulk of the bounces, because Darcy is not great at those and Meek is a monster at both bringing it to ground and then putting in further efforts to break it out.

I think he has shown the last two weeks that he is a more than competent ruckman.
Can he take the place of Darcy,I believe he can.He seems to me to be a bit more mobile than Darcy. He has good hands in close.His performance agianst NN and Vardy, was very good.He out did Vardy last week, and yesterday was against three,NN,Vardy and another young fella.
He reads the ball well and protects the mids as well.
A better than handy payer.
Will play a lot this year, including round one.

Will Meek play beyond the return of Darcy?*

*Couldn't find a supercoach thread.
Bit of an unknown, with Lobb out its very much a chance we play two rucks and Meek will be mainly the Fwd/Ruck while Darcy will ruck most of the game but there has been talk from the club of bringing one of our KPDs into that Fwd/Ruck role instead and Meek would be replaced by Darcy when he's fit. Then on top of that there is every chance Meek shows his quality and keeps Darcy out of the number 1 spot.

All equally possible unfortunately, but I would have him as a rookie on the bench if that's what you're thinking.

Bit of an unknown, with Lobb out its very much a chance we play two rucks and Meek will be mainly the Fwd/Ruck while Darcy will ruck most of the game but there has been talk from the club of bringing one of our KPDs into that Fwd/Ruck role instead and Meek would be replaced by Darcy when he's fit. Then on top of that there is every chance Meek shows his quality and keeps Darcy out of the number 1 spot.

All equally possible unfortunately, but I would have him as a rookie on the bench if that's what you're thinking.
Yep, that's the plan, but the crazy part is Flynn at R2. Hence the need for Meek to have some short term security.
Thanks, I'll leave this thread alone now though.

Yep, that's the plan, but the crazy part is Flynn at R2. Hence the need for Meek to have some short term security.
Thanks, I'll leave this thread alone now though.
Darcy's not playing for Peel this week and probably won't come back as the lone ruck unless he's got 2/3 games of WAFL footy in him - I'd suggest Meeks pretty likely to play the first 3/4 rounds.
By this point he'll be very hard to drop if he's playing well. If he's playing well when Darcy comes back I'd suggest we'll play both of them in the same lineup which would hinder his scoring a bit though.

If we go back over these threads over the Xmas and NY break, a key issue was whether Meek could become a legit AFL level ruckman, and how that would help our list balance greatly as it's an area we are short in.

Regardless of the injury issues we've had recently, this is a massive boost for the club, and Meek deserves all the plaudits that will hopefully come his way.

I love big fellas who give their all and compete hard and we've seen that in him and I just cannot wait to see him serve it up to Gawn and leave him feeling like he's played eight quarters of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he ll go alright. Big body, hard work for Gawn. Be even better with Darcy. But good on Meek. Definitely had him as delisted the past two years, but he’s evident that often big men take longer to mature into their bodies and build their fitness

Reckon he ll go alright. Big body, hard work for Gawn. Be even better with Darcy. But good on Meek. Definitely had him as delisted the past two years, but he’s evident that often big men take longer to mature into their bodies and build their fitness
If he was going to be delisted two years ago, would have been throwing the baby out with the bath water.At that stage, he was 20, still growing.Still a boy.Add to that , he has been injured for a fair amount of thast time.
Big men always take lonnger to develop.Big fellas like Meek have to be persevered with.
He is now only 22, and still learning.He will get bigger and better.

If he was going to be delisted two years ago, would have been throwing the baby out with the bath water.At that stage, he was 20, still growing.Still a boy.Add to that , he has been injured for a fair amount of thast time.
Big men always take lonnger to develop.Big fellas like Meek have to be persevered with.
He is now only 22, and still learning.He will get bigger and better.

On last year, contracted players virtually never get delisted either. Unless they get themselves in trouble off the field anyway.

Love when players leave with class.

Blake said some really annoying things but at least was very complimentary about our culture and gave us a farewell post on insta.

Tucker had nothing but good to say about the club and the culture.

Logue I don't think has even acknowledged the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back