List Mgmt. Pick 69 - Logan Austin 197cm KPD

I can't believe I had Austin in my 2017 team ahead of Clurey during the off-season.

Clurey is arguably our most improved (I'd make a case for Houston) and Austin has gone in the complete other direction.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can't believe I had Austin in my 2017 team ahead of Clurey during the off-season.

Clurey is arguably our most improved (I'd make a case for Houston) and Austin has gone in the complete other direction.
Yeah but a couple of years back people were saying similar things about Clurey.

Haven't been impressed with Austin's form at all this year. Willing to give him a pass mark as he was coming of a bad injury at the end of last year, had basically no preseason. Next year is a make or break year, delisting/ trade material without massive improvement.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He is 100% staying. Defiantly rate him more then Clurey at the same point of their careers.

Austin is a very handy combination of height and mobility, he is an elite kick, particularly for a player of his position and offers elite run and rebounds ability for a KPD, almost HBF like and racks up huge posentions for a KPD, how many games did he have 30+

David Puddy

All Australian
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He is 100% staying. Defiantly rate him more then Clurey at the same point of their careers.

Austin is a very handy combination of height and mobility, he is an elite kick, particularly for a player of his position and offers elite run and rebounds ability for a KPD, almost HBF like and racks up huge posentions for a KPD, how many games did he have 30+

You talking about Logan Austin? Can't ever recall him having 30+ for the Magpies...

Feb 13, 2013
Alberton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Never lose ability but can lose confidence. Following badly broken leg from last year no doubt his confidence would not have been high and combined with a limited pre-season this definitely impacted on his 2017 form. He will bounce back and we have a 197cm tall key defender. WILL be OK.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You talking about Logan Austin? Can't ever recall him having 30+ for the Magpies...

I was pretty sure he did on a couple of occasions but I could be remembering wrong....

The stats bellow show one game of high 20s and a few that looked to be high disposal numbers from the description.

I could be wrong, but none the less still a fairly accurate assessment.

Back