News Boyd Woodcock signs for Southport VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally dont think he is any worse than Robbie Gray in this regard, who has a rep with the umpires, and who now dont give him any favours because of it.
hmmm... nah. Robbie's not a good example imo. What he's been reduced to now is the product of being tagged scragged and punched off the ball for years.

His arms up and pleading look is less theatrics and more of "hey ump are you kidding".

Woodcock, 5 games - 2 Frees For, 2 Frees Against, 1 over acting dodgy free he received against Richmond in Rd 11 and some people are going on as if he is one of the biggest stager in the history of the game. Must be the off season.

Last edited:
Woodcock, 5 games - 2 Frees For, 2 Frees Against, 1 over acting dodgy free he received against Richmond in Rd 11 and some people are going on as if he is one of the biggest stager in the history of the game. Must be the off season.
I agree with this.
He only did it once, and posters going off their chops.
Shaun the sheep poster complained about one duck, and the other sheep follow LOL
We have some funny posters on this board, making a big deal about nothing. :straining: :)

Last edited:
What's not to like about that clip. One of the reasons I was cold on getting Orazio was that blokes like Boyd would be pushed back in the queue.

Gotta trust the club I s'pose. I like Boyd as a player reckon we've got a good one here. Especially his decision making...a natural smart footballer.
Competition provides opportunities to grow. No point not getting a player because Other player needs an opportunity, if it’s a deficiency fill the gap and players will adapt, improve or move on.

Competition provides opportunities to grow. No point not getting a player because Other player needs an opportunity, if it’s a deficiency fill the gap and players will adapt, improve or move on.
Uhm ... Isn't that exactly what Orazio's recruitment has done ... Provide competition? A fit and healthy Orazio is easily in our best-18 ... The boys on the fringe need to pull their collective fingers out and step up!

His will end up being a great pickup, and I really hope it pushes Boyd to the next level.

Uhm ... Isn't that exactly what Orazio's recruitment has done ... Provide competition? A fit and healthy Orazio is easily in our best-18 ... The boys on the fringe need to pull their collective fingers out and step up!

His will end up being a great pickup, and I really hope it pushes Boyd to the next level.

If Raz isn’t providing competition for Boyd to get a run in the best 22 playing a similar role, who is he competing with? I see Raz as competing with Farrell and Boyd for Ebert’s position - Although I would rather see us play Georgi there.

I think given past history of Hinkley, that people want it to be on form. If that means Boyd getting first crack round 1 off a better pre-season then Orazio then that's what should occur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Raz isn’t providing competition for Boyd to get a run in the best 22 playing a similar role, who is he competing with? I see Raz as competing with Farrell and Boyd for Ebert’s position - Although I would rather see us play Georgi there.
I agree Georgie is perfect for Ebert's role I would prefer Raz plus closer to gl same with stiff.

I think the concern is how exaggerated it is when he does it, not the actual amount of times he has done it.

He will stamp it out though, its simply due to his experience and knowing what works at the lower levels.

Either way I don’t think we will have to worry about it at AFL level this year, I’d say things will be going shithouse if Boyd is in our top 22

Got to give Boyd credit, wasn’t as classy or as impactful as Butters but came in and played his role.

18 disposals, 6 scoring involvements, 1 goal, 7 marks, 3 tackles

Well done young fella
And should have slotted a second with a neat drop punt from 40m out instead of a rushed snap. Solid return performance. Links well.

Up to the level the lad but that left foot snap come on drop punt farken but I suppose boaky did similar.

Woody had a good solid game. He's not going to be Butters but he played a role and we didn't lose too much by comparison.

Had a couple of opportunities to goal, took one and nearly had 20 possessions.

As Scorcho said, a harder edge to his game and looks physically prepared for AFL.

Wish he had drop punted the set shot he tried to banana.

Very good footballer and could play a fair bit of AFL footy. Great depth for us
This
Woody had a good solid game. He's not going to be Butters but he played a role and we didn't lose too much by comparison.

Had a couple of opportunities to goal, took one and nearly had 20 possessions.

As Scorcho said, a harder edge to his game and looks physically prepared for AFL.

Wish he had drop punted the set shot he tried to banana.
Definitely bigger this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back