Welcome Pick #76 Boyd Woodcock

RossFC

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moderator #51
Plays a bit like Sam Gray
With all these small forward options (Robbie Gray, Farrell, Johnson, Woodcock, Cox) I reckon Sam Gray should play further away from goal at either AFL or SANFL level and accumulate the ball from a forward flank or as a rover or outside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow - just listened to Macca and Portia’s review of the SA draftees, part 2. Portia in particular did not rate Grundy or Woodcock. Combined with her sentiments about the Duursma pick, she would not have been happy yesterday.

Schulzenfest

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
Wow - just listened to Macca and Portia’s review of the SA draftees, part 2. Portia in particular did not rate Grundy or Woodcock. Combined with her sentiments about the Duursma pick, she would not have been happy yesterday.
In fairness from listening to the podcast I reckon Portia rated about 10 players this year, so the chances of her being happy weren't all that high.

PatientMental

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Portia hates any player that isn't between 190 and 205cm unless they are completely and utterly elite because we keep picking up sub 180cm players in a height and strength dominated league.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In fairness from listening to the podcast I reckon Portia rated about 10 players this year, so the chances of her being happy weren't all that high.
Portia also tends to go ultra negative on players by default so it’s entirely possible she hasn’t even seen much of either

simmo_bc

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
I know this lad and his parents. Really, really pleased for him. Great kid. Hard worker. Competitive. He will leave nothing to chance.

Little piece of trivia. His dad played in the NRL and is about 6'5. His mum is about 5'2. Genetics!
Any relation at all to Roger Woodcock from Norwood? Not a common surname!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I heard it said that he wasn’t a long kick. That may be true but a number of his goals this year, especially in the finals, were from boundary line set shots 40+ metres out. To kick that accurately from those positions under the pressure of tight finals games is a big asset. Wonder if Neade, S Gray or AJ could manage the same.

Boxx

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I heard it said that he wasn’t a long kick. That may be true but a number of his goals this year, especially in the finals, were from boundary line set shots 40+ metres out. To kick that accurately from those positions under the pressure of tight finals games is a big asset. Wonder if Neade, S Gray or AJ could manage the same.
You only ask if these 3 could make that kick?

I would only be confident with Houston, Robbie and maybe Ryder lining up from there... Farrell is fast earning my trust a bit as well.

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
With all these small forward options (Robbie Gray, Farrell, Johnson, Woodcock, Cox) I reckon Sam Gray should play further away from goal at either AFL or SANFL level and accumulate the ball from a forward flank or as a rover or outside mid.
I’m really hoping we have improved enough up forward that Sam Gray doesn’t get games at afl or plays to such a high level we couldn’t not pick him.

Portia hates any player that isn't between 190 and 205cm unless they are completely and utterly elite because we keep picking up sub 180cm players in a height and strength dominated league.
Portia rated Rozee and butters pretty highly

Welcome to the club Roger

Stoked with this pick, ahead of Neade and AJ already. About time we had a real genuine small forward.
I think he plays taller than his 174cms. Very smart too. I’m unsure what he can do at afl level but he is fun as all hell to watch.

Nemisis

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Woody has a peculiar but effective kick. Could be a sneaky chance of making his AFL debut in 2019 if he keeps improving. He reminds me of Matthew Liptak - not a great player but 'finds a way' of getting the job done.

S.Patrol.G

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Woody has a peculiar but effective kick. Could be a sneaky chance of making his AFL debut in 2019 if he keeps improving. He reminds me of Matthew Liptak - not a great player but 'finds a way' of getting the job done.
Liptak! Absolutely.

Top Bottom