Delisted 26. Luke Parks

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
More like Stephen May, and thus somewhat like Jones. Lacks the same reach as those two though. I'd be shocked if he's genuinely 6'4".

Lots of work to be done on his endurance by all reports, so fingers crossed, but at least this isn't as meat and potatoes as Goddard, and JGM before him.

He is a 3rd tall, nothing more. At Glenelg, guys like Allen, Merrrett, Proud and Curran were being played as KPDs, while Parks was the 3rd tall

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
He is a 3rd tall, nothing more. At Glenelg, guys like Allen, Merrrett, Proud and Curran were being played as KPDs, while Parks was the 3rd tall
I don't disagree about his size, I'm just describing how he plays. AFL match-ups will dictate how effective that is if he stands 2 inches shorter than May and with proportionately shorter arms.

I suppose Dane Rampe might be another comparison, Rampe doesn't really leap for the footy and has better ground ball skills.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Now if only we can get Caleb Marchbank to be a Caleb Marchbank type then we will have two Caleb Marchbank types.......................
Incredible and bewildering to me to see he yet again ‘needs to build his fitness base’ in Russell’s update. I’m glad I’m blocked from attending training. I couldn’t possibly watch him run even one more solo 200m interval.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Incredible and bewildering to me to see he yet again ‘needs to build his fitness base’ in Russell’s update. I’m glad I’m blocked from attending training. I couldn’t possibly watch him run even one more solo 200m interval.
I understand your point of view mate but I wasnt having a go at Marchbank it was said in jest.
Pretty sure he doesnt get injured on purpose. It is very unfortunate but I am sure he will come good.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea

Has an odd kicking action but kicking listed as one of his strengths - although the Swans poster on here said his kicking could improve so mixed messages there.

He can obviously take a grab so if his kicking is sound he may make it. We can no longer afford dodgy disposal coming out the backline.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I understand your point of view mate but I wasnt having a go at Marchbank it was said in jest.
Pretty sure he doesnt get injured on purpose. It is very unfortunate but I am sure he will come good.
I’m not having a go at anyone. Just bewildering that this bloke cannot get right. Like.....ever.

He is 24, a top 10 pick, and hasn’t played 50 games. And now he’s ‘building up’ again. It’s incredible.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
I’m not having a go at anyone. Just bewildering that this bloke cannot get right. Like.....ever.

He is 24, a top 10 pick, and hasn’t played 50 games. And now he’s ‘building up’ again. It’s incredible.
Certainly hasn’t fulfilled promise thus far. Fingers crossed this improves.

His parents were warned not to pick Luke O'Sullivan as his godfather...

Last edited:
Back