News Billy Frampton signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

pig.png

Will he play this year? He has plenty of admirers but he can't seem to stay fit. I'd love to see what he can do. Start in the forward lines and work his way into the middle.

It's his third year on list. He knows he don't have forever to make an impact. Even at Maggie's level, he needs to start
Rucks, KPFs and KPDs should get more time to develop compared to other players.

True I'd also like to say
He is good at marking the ball
In all seriousness Lobbe can't mark he's proved it over a long time and as much as Ken likes him all I'd say to Ken
The club's future doesn't always depend on your loyalty to our VC. Get over the fact he's a great guy.
This is not a sheltered workshop we strive to be the best we can and Lobbe is not part of this journey in the long term.
What makes you think the guys in sheltered workshops are all good guys? I bet there are some real arseholes there.

I don't think anyone keeps their position on the list just because they are a good guy. Ken saw real potential in a Lobbe/Ryder combo on the field not over his place for a dinner party. Maybe Ken was wrong, maybe Lobbe has just had a couple of bad years.

Either way, the quicker Frampton comes on line to offer real competition the better. Ryder will need some breaks next year.

What makes you think the guys in sheltered workshops are all good guys? I bet there are some real arseholes there.

I don't think anyone keeps their position on the list just because they are a good guy. Ken saw real potential in a Lobbe/Ryder combo on the field not over his place for a dinner party. Maybe Ken was wrong, maybe Lobbe has just had a couple of bad years.

Either way, the quicker Frampton comes on line to offer real competition the better. Ryder will need some breaks next year.
He bombed last year, but his last few matches saw incremental improvement. In the end he mirrored our crap year ... Too little, too late! However, he remains on our list, along with many others that bombed last year. As such he is a required Port Adelaide player and gets my support!

"Go for it Matt, smash this season and prove all the naysayers wrong!"

Whoa shewho didn't expect my post of 15 months ago to be resurrected. One of the very early games Billy played for us v Wastes
at Richmond I posted that Frampton had already passed Lobbe. He's quicker a more penetrating kick and can mark.
An ex player of ours Adrian Settre and I were talking about players and Frampton's name came up. I was singing Bill's praises
but thought he'd had bad run with injuries. Sett's said some guys bodies just don't handle the workloads and demands of AFL footy.
He wasn't saying Frampton has a low ceiling but that he could be crueled by his growth spurt and then entering the AFL.
We were asking a raw 18yr old to take on grown men in ruck. BTW Frampton showed glimpses of being handy
resting forward v the Bays one time. Took some clutch marks and goaled. It was the game Sawford won it for us iirc.
So far we've had some bad luck with Billy and Dooogs but that will change i hope. Like them both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy would want to have a good year next year. Showed this year that he can impact games. Needs to start doing it consistently, and maybe add a bit of Forward craft to his game.

In his 3rd year on the list next year, got high hopes for him. I love the way he goes about.
Could see him becoming our Hale type Ruckmen.
Would love to see us give him another two-three to hone his craft on the list and put pressure on a kid and cut him short

In his 3rd year on the list next year, got high hopes for him. I love the way he goes about.
Could see him becoming our Hale type Ruckmen.
Would love to see us give him another two-three to hone his craft on the list and put pressure on a kid and cut him short
Very good point as it does take longer for 200cm kids to bulk/strengthen their body and it's almost inevitable they will experience the type of injuries he has in the first 2-3 years.
Speaks well quite impressed actually and seems to have a pretty balanced attitude. We know 200cm players do not grow on trees and a 2 year extension is not unreasonable.

People forget so quickly....

How many games did Lobbe play in his first four years?
1) 0
2) 0
3) 3
4) 10

Frampton:
1) 0
2) 0
3) ?
4) ?

Good grief, he is a baby yet. Good chance to follow Lobbe's pattern, and get a few games in 2017. Then who knows. In the meantime I hope he has a great pre season, stays injury free, and puts his hand up in the NAB games.

Go for it Billy!

Last edited:
People forget so quickly....

How many games did Lobbe play in his first four years?
1) 0
2) 0
3) 3
4) 10

Frampton:
1) 0
2) 0
3) ?
4) ?

Good grief, he is a baby yet. Good chance to follow Lobbe's pattern, and get a free games in 2017. Then who knows. In the meantime I hope he has a great pre season, status injury free, and puts his hand up in the NAB games.

Go for it Billy!
Did Lobbe get on the park a lot when he was developing in the SANFL? Frampton has missed a fair period in the last 2 seasons.

Did Lobbe get on the park a lot when he was developing in the SANFL? Frampton has missed a fair period in the last 2 seasons.
Lobbe had heaps of injuries in that time ... tall skinny kids being thumped in professional training! He is starting to look the goods physique-wise now. Lets see him have a good, injury-free preseason, and IMO he will be good to go if we have a need in the Power!

One of my favourite recruits. Seems to be filling out nicely. May get one or two games in 2017, but it is 2018 that I think he will start getting regular games.

Any word on how he's tracking this pre-season?
Been in full training since Christmas. I expect he'll be rucking (I hope he isn't put up forward mostly) in the SANFL this season.

There is an intraclub match on Friday so that's the first time most supporters will be able to see the players in a match.

Been in full training since Christmas. I expect he'll be rucking (I hope he isn't put up forward mostly) in the SANFL this season.

There is an intraclub match on Friday so that's the first time most supporters will be able to see the players in a match.
Behind Lobbe and Ryder obviously - I'm guessing he's behind Howard as well then? I'm just looking at Fantasy Footy options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back