News Billy Frampton signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we had a ruck do as much in their first year out of the draft? While an AFL ruck maybe needs to absolutely dominate at Sanfl level as Lobbe did against Glenelg you can see him getting there. Ken should give him a run.

love this guys competitive nature, I reckon we have uncovered a genuine rough diamond with this draft pick!

This bloke has the goods and a bit of mongrel.... big pre-season and you'll jump the queue mad dog

Looked good last night with a few strong grabs early. Harvey got in his way a few times they need to work that out. Probably wont get a game this year, yes he does have mongrel but he is still young and thus undisciplined; gave away a 50 for tussle in the centre square and didnt let it go for the rest of the game this can make him an easy target especially for a team like hawthorn. Until he irons that out he wouldnt warrant selection. Boy is on the angry pills a lot as we know ken likes our boys soft ala moore and the transformation of trengove so another reason why he wont get selected. Promising signs football wise for a first year player though

Looked good last night with a few strong grabs early. Harvey got in his way a few times they need to work that out. Probably wont get a game this year, yes he does have mongrel but he is still young and thus undisciplined; gave away a 50 for tussle in the centre square and didnt let it go for the rest of the game this can make him an easy target especially for a team like hawthorn. Until he irons that out he wouldnt warrant selection. Boy is on the angry pills a lot as we know ken likes our boys soft ala moore and the transformation of trengove so another reason why he wont get selected. Promising signs football wise for a first year player though

No offence but a lot of what u just said has frustrated me

Yes he did. Easy mistake to make though. The other team had a Willy playing, a 5 foot 5 aboriginal player, so of course you're going to get them mixed up.

His name is William and appears as the initial W on the official statsheet.

Still, bit of research wouldn't have gone astray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the knock on him in the draft that saw him slide so deep?

He didn't really do much. It was a poor year for rucks in total and not many got attention.

I dare say we picked him for his hands, which are fantastic. We haven't seen how good a mark or tap ruckman he is yet, mainly due to being bodied out. but be prepared, he has another gear.

I liked him, but as a rookie. i didn't think he could become a full time ruck and if he did it would be over a 5 year period. He's surprised me a bit.

There were at least 2 occasions last night where he tapped it back over his head to a running player which tells me that he is coming along pretty well for a young developing ruckman, but what I really liked were the strong marks early on AND goal conversion - maybe I just can't remember having a ruckman that actually has the ability to mark a footy!!!

What was the knock on him in the draft that saw him slide so deep?

The knock on him was that he is a ruckman, but wasn't the best ruck in the draft crop so to speak. He didn't have the best tap nous but as others have said it was a weak draft for ruckman. He has good hands and skills but combined with his rucking endurance was also an aspect that made him slide. I asked Knightmare when we picked him up and he was described as more as a jack redpath type who isn't really a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back