Mega Thread Pick 88 and the rest of our draft picks Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we can. We'll just go into deficit next year. Will only be a small one as Jarman won't go very high i hope. + if he makes it to Pick 70 it will hardly affect us.
All the points have to come from next year. 88 isn't worth anything in a bid at all. Don't think Pick 88 is consumed in that process either. Doubt we will go into deficit for him.

Is Shem Tatupu still in calculations for lit management? He is an autodelist. 3 in (TOM, JOM and Vickery) three out, Mitchell Lewis and Tatupu. So we still need to delist 3. My guesses would be Spangher, JML and maybe 1 of Willsmore or Webster.

Although given the happenings of last week, it could be Hodge Burgoyne and Gunston.

Is Shem Tatupu still in calculations for lit management? He is an autodelist. 3 in (TOM, JOM and Vickery) three out, Mitchell Lewis and Tatupu. So we still need to delist 3. My guesses would be Spangher, JML and maybe 1 of Willsmore or Webster.

Although given the happenings of last week, it could be Hodge Burgoyne and Gunston.
Did you forget about Hill?

Well draft day is going to be sh*t for the next 2 years at least, used to love that day and will really miss it and the lead up. With our 3 picks this year I'd use the first pick on the best available as I'm sure there would be a kid slip through that we really liked, the second on a delisted free agent (ruck/mid) and the third on upgrading Stewart.

I have a feeling that we'll definitely take a free agent as our depth has certainly thinned out over the past two off seasons. Both midfielders and rucks will be looked at I imagine. Barlow could be value for 1 year until we get our next gun mid in free agency next year and whist Burton, Lovell and Howe mature further.
If Mitchell and Lewis show strong leadership and play really well, then I dare say we might get picks for more veterans wanting a superanuation pay packet elswhere

All the points have to come from next year. 88 isn't worth anything in a bid at all. Don't think Pick 88 is consumed in that process either. Doubt we will go into deficit for him.
I know it's worth nothing. but if He goes late 60's, 70's then we will hardly go into deficit. So it won't effect next years draft much at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should look to bring someone in with pick 14 in the pre-season draft. Find the best uncontracted player we like and see if we can do a deal there. It's of more value than any of our draft picks.

There was talk about Barrett at GWS before the trade period but we obviously used up all our picks on O'Meara. Is he uncontracted?

Pick 88 and upgrade Stewart and Woodward for mine.

We still need to delist 2 more players though.
I think if either Litherland or Spangher get an offer from somewhere we'll delist them to let them get to their club otherwise I think it'll be Willsmore. Webster is also out of contract but I see a bit more in him for some reason.

With pick 88 wouldn't mind going for a mature age player.

Won't be Willsmore. He will re-sign for two years.

We need to delist three. Got to figure spang will go. Webster? Wilsmore?

this sounds about right

-Spangher - 29 years old, out of contract, very likely to be delisted
-Willsmore - 21 years old, has potential, but probably delisted
-Webster - 21 years old, has injury problems, hasnt really impressed, almost certain to be delisted

then theres others who might go

-Litherland - 24, out of contract, hasnt established a spot at HFC yet
-O'Brien - 22, has a year remaining on contract, but im not sure he will establish himself

they are my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back