Mega Thread Pick 88 and the rest of our draft picks Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still confused as to what our first pick is next year - in the second rd?

Is it ours, carltons or gws'?
Afl trade software has been shown to match what Patrick Keane said which is we traded GWS future second rounder which we got from Carlton.
Trading our second isnt allowed due to trading our first rounder.
As far as I know that's the truth and only option and the rest is the from the same media that gets basic things like players names and positions wrong frequently

Afl trade software has been shown to match what Patrick Keane said which is we traded GWS future second rounder which we got from Carlton.
Trading our second isnt allowed due to trading our first rounder.
As far as I know that's the truth and only option and the rest is the from the same media that gets basic things like players names and positions wrong frequently

Graeme wright said we on traded ours & have gws' 2nd.. hmm

Graeme wright said we on traded ours & have gws' 2nd.. hmm

It would be a nice little cherry on top of the sundae if it turned out that the paperwork gave GCS the wrong second round pick.

I hope we give Sam Switkoski a crack with one of our picks. He is just a maniac the way he attacks the man and the ball for BH. I think Stewart will be upgraded, so that leaves one more pick. I would be happy with Jarman or Rioli. We have another red headed irishman joining the list this year as well don't we.

Is Tom Lamb from West Coast a chance to be let go? Reports are he is homesick and wants out. What sort of channels would we need to go through in order to pick him up if he is let go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/willy-rioli

If somehow we end up with Jarman & Rioli on our list I think we would be doing alright.

I'd have Jarman leaps and bounds above Rioli.
Young jars movement is special, he will create space at next level which means his measured speed is inconsequential, and those beautiful clean hands will result in time to make great choices.

I think he's a beauty.

Just like to throw up a comparison to 2004 when we got Rough. #23, & Lewis in the top 10, we already had a few A graders. As we know this became the basis of the Hawthorn team that took the competition by the neck over the next 10years. (Interesting to note only Rough and Le Gras are still at their original clubs.)
Fast forward to the present we have just drafted Jaeger, Tom Mitchell, and Ty Vickery (pick 8 in 2008), plus although he was drafted last year, I will add Ryan Burton here. We also have some A graders Cyril, Breust, Smith to name a few, and youngsters developing at Box Hill. With all this talent, and Clarko's mysterious new game plan, I think we are ready for a brand new ride.

Im still confused as to what our first pick is next year - in the second rd?

Is it ours, carltons or gws'?
We have GWS's 2nd round pick 2017.
It was given to Carlton who gave it to us. So, the exact draft pick number will rely on where GWS end up on the ladder in 2017. For example, if GWS finish first, we will have pick 36.
Now, considering that, Carlton didn't really help us THAT much - it was a fair trade. We gave picks 48, 66 and 70-something?, for pick 36 (could be anywhere between pick 33-36 depending on how GWS goes).

I'd have Jarman leaps and bounds above Rioli.
Young jars movement is special, he will create space at next level which means his measured speed is inconsequential, and those beautiful clean hands will result in time to make great choices.

I think he's a beauty.

Same on Jarman!

Rioli, for me reminds me of Dean Rioli in the way he moves & the body shape, along with the unusual skills by foot as per a Rioli.
I think if he can have a couple of years on the rookie list to build his tank he could be a ripper in a few seasons.
How good was that shot on goal from the 50m boundary! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back