Mega Thread Pick 88 and the rest of our draft picks Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either one of Tape, Butcher, Morabito and Pearce would be worth a rookie spot IMO

Are you referring to possible delisted free agents?

If so if we pick them up they go onto the main list I'm pretty sure.

Tape is a very interesting one. A very high pick (3 i think) could thrive in an 'AFL standard' environment.

Tape is a very interesting one. A very high pick (3 i think) could thrive in an 'AFL standard' environment.
Tape was pick 13, one of 8 picks GCS had in the top 13 that year

You're spot on, straight to the main list. I probably wasn't clear but mine was more of an "at the very least" proposition!

4bf.gif

Yeah I'm looking at Seb Tape and Morabito and seeing that since they were pick 13 and 4 one Time in their life, there must be great potential

Would be a good rookie/late selection. Poor kid has been smacked by injury. Lost his top 3 teeth and an ACL. Just needs a good run at it.

EDIT: Reckon he might want to head home to SA though.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm looking at Seb Tape and Morabito and seeing that since they were pick 13 and 4 one Time in their life, there must be great potential
These are the types of guys that most clubs would be thinking about for rookie picks. They are also the types of guys Hawthorn wanted to get their hands on when they were originally drafted but our first picks were always out of their range.

The fact our first pick is at 88 makes me think we will seriously consider taking the punt and taking one or maybe even both in the ND. Puts some pressure on our medical department with all these injured guns though. :huh::p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird as I thought he would be living with his missus in the house they bought.
He said in an interview that is on the HFC website, that he'd be living with a GCS mate who has been delisted & will be playing VFL. Maybe the mate is moving in with him & his Girlf?

These are the types of guys that most clubs would be thinking about for rookie picks. They are also the types of guys Hawthorn wanted to get their hands on when they were originally drafted but our first picks were always out of their range.

The fact our first pick is at 88 makes me think we will seriously consider taking the punt and taking one or maybe even both in the ND. Puts some pressure on our medical department with all these injured guns though. :huh::p

Yeah thinking the same thing, should we stop getting injured players?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just throwing it out there but according to Jaegar, he plans to move in with a former Suns team mate who plans to play VFL and get back onto a AFL list, I wonder if he's talking about Seb Tape.
Luke Russell. Hard worker just doesn't have any special AFL attributes and just isn't quite up to it at the top level.

Yeah thinking the same thing, should we stop getting injured players?
Nah, that's our best bet in picking up class. Dare to do what others won't. As long as our medical team pronounce them structurally sound, then we just have to try and get them playing at their best, as at pre-injury level. Won't always pay off, but it's worked so far for Silk, and hopefully Burton and O'Meara go the same way.

Yeah - Who looks after the medical staff when they're injured from overwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back