List Mgmt. Pick 9

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I doubt sos would have done the trade if we wanted dekoning. He would have waited after geelongs Pick like he did last year waiting for stocker
Plus our need for another key defender at this point is not high.
Spped was the right bias around this mark where so many players rated the same in the 20 to 30 range of this draft.
So happy Kemp slid perfectly for us tonight to be able to sneak in another pick on night one.

Sep 5, 2013
Chirnside Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Why would every club turn their backs on Deven ?? Must have interviewed really badly or told them all he would only play for a WA team.
3rd highest ranking of all the players this year 🤷🏽‍♂️

Attachments

• BC9EF495-63C8-45B4-A1EE-9D66FA3EBBDB.jpeg
    BC9EF495-63C8-45B4-A1EE-9D66FA3EBBDB.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 192
Kemp if he is still available. Almost big enough for key position, showed enough playing in the midfield.

Can never have enough big solid mids who can play in other positions.

Good kid from a good family too.
Brilliant work SOS, got Kemp + another pick.

Very happy

I imagine so, he was also a tigers supporter as a kid. 2nd year in a row we have jumped in front of Richmond and taken the player they were interested in !!
payback for them pinching lennon from under our noses and leaving us with that flake p cripps.........

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Is it just me or is SOS the only person who knows how the game is played!! Don't give teams with academy players bigger free hits than they are already getting and know who other teams will take and be prepared to trade aggressively.

To end this draft/trade period with Martin, Newnes, Kemp & Philp and still have 43 and the first 3 rounds of next year in our pocket is an amazing effort.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Knightmare had him at 24
Sure did....he really rated Philp....also had Kemp sliding to 17, so he was pretty much on the mark.

Knightmare had Philp alongside Rivers, with players such as Bianco, Taylor, Gould, Schoenberg, Dow, Sharp and Williams lower than him.

He also mentioned in his draft thread that the Lions were also keen on him for extra speed in the mid....potentially would have picked him up at #23

Triniboy

All Australian
Sep 26, 2011
Caribbean
AFL Club
Carlton
Gould or Kemp for me.
Great move by SOS.
WOW..Kemp should be a ripper barring....and can play anywhere.
The word Philip has plenty of upside, Liam Picken/Callum Ward type..if he’s 50% of either...I say thank you.
Kemp, Newnes, Stoker, Philip is good haul...hoping Martin as well..a great outcome SOS & team.

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Sure did....he really rated Philp....also had Kemp sliding to 17, so he was pretty much on the mark.

Knightmare had Philp alongside Rivers, with players such as Bianco, Taylor, Gould, Schoenberg, Dow, Sharp and Williams lower than him.

He also mentioned in his draft thread that the Lions were also keen on him for extra speed in the mid....potentially would have picked him up at #23
I am fairly sure Mick Ablett said on the Fox Footy broadcast that it has since come out that Richmond was keen on Philp at its first pick so Carlton did well to jump back up from Pick 22 to Pick 20. Think 10cp posted something similar at the time.

Age journalist wrote that a few recruiters liked Philp / Carlton taking him where we did.

Back