List Mgmt. Pick 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would they do that? Pick 9 would just get gobbled up on a bid for Green at Pick 4/5 from Crows/Sydney.

GWS will have to trade their Pick 6 OUT of this draft with someone who's probably going to be bottom 6 next year AND who has the back end picks this year to help them with a bid for Green.

At the moment the only two clubs who look like being able to facilitate that are GC and the Crows.
So the Crows can bid on Green, then do a pick swap with GWS to move all their middling picks up to pick #6. Great outcome for the crows, but Would GWS really do that?

Interesting read.
Even more interesting is that it looks like Geelong are interested in our pick 9.

Henry, Serong or Kemp at pick 9, I'll be happy with any of them. I do also like the idea of trading pick 9. 9 for 14 and 24 would be a good out come but more likey 9 and 43 for 17 and 24.

Ash will suit us, wants to play for us, and has the look of a Carlton player to me. Seems a perfect match.

In a good team I think he could have an immediate impact, similar to Jordan Clark, which would be a bonus.

Absolutely love what Ash brings to the table.

Williamson and Ash setting up the play across half back would completely change our ball movement and structure from the backline.

Absolutely love what Ash brings to the table.

Williamson and Ash setting up the play across half back would completely change our ball movement and structure from the backline.
Doc, Williamson & Ash, that 50% our defense line, with new attacking players!

Henry, Serong or Kemp at pick 9, I'll be happy with any of them. I do also like the idea of trading pick 9. 9 for 14 and 24 would be a good out come but more likey 9 and 43 for 17 and 24.
If we trade #9 it is likely because Geelong are desperate to get it.

Thus bundle #9 and #43 to get #14 and #17?

.... but is #10 and #22 from Freo a better option as freo could then get Henry (match points) and the WA ruckman (#9) that it is suggested Geelong really want?

Not sure getting pick 14 from geelong would be worth the slide back. It seems that their pick just falls out of the top tier of players in the pool, i wouldnt want to go back further than 12 with our first pick
I have really appreciated many posts in this thread, plus Phantom Draft, Draft Video, and 2019 Draft thread. I am not the footy nuffie like many here, so thanks.
I was one of those waiting to see how Papley trade would eventuate. Being where we are now, I see why #9 pick could be a really good pick, and given our list already, tend to be quality over quantity. So would prefer to keep #9. However, trade night may throw up a few surprises, and live trade could be on the cards.
Have also appreciated work of SOS and all in list management. Looking good for years ahead...

I've just going through the top12 again.

Anderson, Rowell, Green and Young are all gone before pick #9
The others, I've crossed off due to different reasons.

I wouldn't mind any of the remaining 4: Flanders, Ash, Stephens and Henry

Option 1: If available, pick one of those remaining 4
Option 2: Trade pick #9; which is less likely, given that one of those remaining 4 should be available at pick #9 anyway

1. Noah Anderson
2. Matthew Rowell

3. Brodie Kemp - Qs on Injury
4. Sam Flanders
5. Lachlan Ash
6. Tom Green
7. Caleb Serong don't want
8. Dylan Stephens
9. Hayden Young
10. Liam Henry
11. Deven Robertson don't want
12. Luke Jackson
- Qs not a priority for our current list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless the deal is heavily input favour, there's no point trading 9. The quality drops off after 12-13.

We need quality not quantity.
We need quantity of quality, we just need to back our recruiters in a bit. It's probably why we are so crap at recruiting with later picks, we focus too much on a limited talent pool. Now some of us want to add a needs bias to all that.

Unless the deal is heavily input favour, there's no point trading 9. The quality drops off after 12-13.

We need quality not quantity.
Say we trade with Cats - pick #9 for pick #14 and pick #17/#24 hypothetically.

If we take Knightmare's phantom draft as a reference, the players still available at #14 and lower include:

Deven Robertson
Will Gould
Trent Rivers
Josh Worrell
Jeremy Sharp
Cooper Stephens
Miles Bergman
Elijah Taylor
Dylan Williams
Harry Schoenberg
Trent Bianco
Sam De Koning
Jake Riccardi
Thomson Dow
Kysaiah Pickett

Say we trade with Cats - pick #9 for pick #14 and pick #17/#24 hypothetically.

If we take Knightmare's phantom draft as a reference, the players still available at #14 and lower include:

Deven Robertson
Will Gould
Trent Rivers
Josh Worrell
Jeremy Sharp
Cooper Stephens
Miles Bergman
Elijah Taylor
Dylan Williams
Harry Schoenberg
Trent Bianco
Sam De Koning
Jake Riccardi
Thomson Dow
Kysaiah Pickett
If Roberston makes it to 14 I'll eat a shoe, but yes I agree with what you're saying for the most part.

I'd like for us not to be moved to the #10 in this years draft -

2010 - Daniel Gorringe
2011 - Liam Sumner
2012 - Joe Daniher but live pick was Troy Menzel
2013 - Nathan Freeman
2014 - Nakia Cockatoo

It got a bit better than that afterwards, but that makes for a very uninspiring lot....and we had three of them.

2010 - Daniel Gorringe
2011 - Liam Sumner
2013 - Nathan Freeman
2014 - Nakia Cockatoo

It got a bit better than that afterwards, but that makes for a very uninspiring lot....and we had three of them.

Yeah, McKay/Bowes/O'Brien/Blakey isn't a bad follow-up, is it :p

Pick 9 isn't a great list either, when you consider it.

2010 - Daniel Gorringe
2011 - Liam Sumner
2013 - Nathan Freeman
2014 - Nakia Cockatoo

You’re not wild about Harry?

:think: :p ;)

Although to be fair I’m not wild about Lachie.

:p

I've just going through the top12 again.

Anderson, Rowell, Green and Young are all gone before pick #9
The others, I've crossed off due to different reasons.

I wouldn't mind any of the remaining 4: Flanders, Ash, Stephens and Henry

Option 1: If available, pick one of those remaining 4
Option 2: Trade pick #9; which is less likely, given that one of those remaining 4 should be available at pick #9 anyway

1. Noah Anderson
2. Matthew Rowell

3. Brodie Kemp - Qs on Injury
4. Sam Flanders
5. Lachlan Ash
6. Tom Green
7. Caleb Serong don't want
8. Dylan Stephens
9. Hayden Young
10. Liam Henry
11. Deven Robertson don't want
12. Luke Jackson - Qs not a priority for our current list

What’s your concerns with Serong and Robertson? Robertson seems like a perfect fit.

I think by looking back on particular draft numbers and why they haven’t been any good is more about the club/recruitment team than what the actual number itself.
Number has nothing to do with past selections it’s purely the people picking them...
This draft will have clubs again having their own opinions on where particular players are ranked and that’s why i particularly like live trading it gives clubs a great chance to secure a player they really rate...

What’s your concerns with Serong and Robertson? Robertson seems like a perfect fit.
Nothing too specific actually.
It's a quality vs quantity equation.
I lean towards quality, but they must also have a point of difference.

I think of it like this:
Option 1. Stephens vs rivers & d. Williams/ e. Taylor
Or
Option 2. Robertson vs rivers & d. Williams/ e. Taylor

I'll be ok with option 1 & will take quality, but dont like option 2 & therefore will trade for 2 picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back