List Mgmt. Pick 9

Remove this Banner Ad

When sos spoke about pick 10 sounded like we wouldn’t be trading it. Sounded enthusiastic about quality of player available there.

From reading about draft there does seem like there’s roughly a top 10 that are better prospects than the rest. May not want to trade out of that.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah SOS is more likely to use 9 on best available, Ash or Kemp and then see who slides and try and live trade back into the late first or second round similar to last year, if Williams slides a fair bit would like to see SOS do it with him as he has huge upside especially if we can get him cheap.

I hardly know anything about the top players in this draft.
But if we use our pick (9 or 10?) and not trade it, I feel confident we'll get a very good player.
Who knows who that will be as it is out of our control due to all the picks before ours.
What I gather, though, is that we'll do alright with one of:
  1. rowell
  2. anderson
  3. young
  4. serong
  5. green
  6. ash
  7. flanders
  8. kemp
  9. stephens
  10. robertson
  11. rivers
I would like to know if anyone on here would add/delete any names on the above list?

I’d add Luke Jackson.

controversial because we’re grooming TDK for the role of a mobile/agile/leaping ruckman, but the added benefit of him being in the top group is that if Freo/Melb/GWS pull the trigger on him before us, it lets another one of the elite smalls/mids slide to us.

But if we use our pick (9 or 10?) and not trade it, I feel confident we'll get a very good player.
Who knows who that will be as it is out of our control due to all the picks before ours.
  1. rowell
  2. anderson
  3. young
  4. serong
  5. green
  6. ash
  7. flanders
  8. kemp
  9. stephens
  10. robertson
  11. rivers
I would like to know if anyone on here would add/delete any names on the above list?

8 to 10 is about right

I dont rate Rowell in the top 6 long term

I have Rivers top 5

No way....we are certain to get Martin in the PSD which is essentially pick 100 in the national draft. We keep 9 and use it on the best 18yo.
Why are we certain to get him when the Dees have the pick before us...........just like to know how you know that it`s certain.......remember Nick Stevens wanted the Maggies back in the day.........I hope we can keep our pick, but I also want to see Martin in a Blues jumper before I believe it is "certain".........

1. rowell
  2. anderson
  3. young
  4. serong
  5. green
  6. ash
  7. flanders
  8. kemp
  9. stephens
  10. robertson
  11. rivers

Every year it feels like there are x-1 elite prospects.... Where x is the number of your first pick.

And you spend the weeks leading up to the draft convincing yourself a team ahead of you will select a bolter so one of the elite group drifts to your pick....

Have to draw the line somewhere, Barlow was 189cm, Kemp if I recall is 192, Setters is 193 and Cripps is 195. Cripps is not fast, either is Setters. Just doesn’t make sense to me. Time will tell.
Ben King won the AFL sprint ?

Every year it feels like there are x-1 elite prospects.... Where x is the number of your first pick.

And you spend the weeks leading up to the draft convincing yourself a team ahead of you will select a bolter so one of the elite group drifts to your pick....
As long as there isn't a scenario in which there are only 8 elite talents in this draft and from our pick to say pick 30 or so it drops off dramatically in talent. If the eliteness lasts only until our pick 9 I'll be happy.

As long as there isn't a scenario in which there are only 8 elite talents in this draft and from our pick to say pick 30 or so it drops off dramatically in talent. If the eliteness lasts only until our pick 9 I'll be happy.
Eliteness is in the eye of the recruiter, chippy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What line? There is no line, and you don’t have to draw one, it’s arbitrary. That’s the point.

Im quite happy with my generalisation that midfielders taller than 192cm are slow and therefor, you can't have too many. Im quite happy with the ones we have, who are not fast and adding another is crazy imo.

Yeah SOS is more likely to use 9 on best available, Ash or Kemp and then see who slides and try and live trade back into the late first or second round similar to last year, if Williams slides a fair bit would like to see SOS do it with him as he has huge upside especially if we can get him cheap.

Williams is an interesting one. Everyone will be thinking can we get a top 10 player cheap because of an injury.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im quite happy with my generalisation that midfielders taller than 192cm are slow and therefor, you can't have too many. Im quite happy with the ones we have, who are not fast and adding another is crazy imo.
Fair enough. I thought it was 190cm? Would you be happy to bring in someone like Yeo to our midfield then? Hypothetically?

Thinking of Brodie keep... can anyone name someone who has done a knee in the under 18s and turned out to be a gun and have a long career?

Fair enough. I thought it was 190cm? Would you be happy to bring in someone like Yeo to our midfield then? Hypothetically?

Of course, because we are talking hypotheticals and I assume it’s for free, I’d say it would push Setterfield or Kennedy out of the side though.
I have faith in Setterfield becoming a very good player, so I don’t want to be using a top 10 pick on someone like Kemp, as I think we are well stocked in the bigger sized mid area.

Of course, because we are talking hypotheticals and I assume it’s for free, I’d say it would push Setterfield or Kennedy out of the side though.
I have faith in Setterfield becoming a very good player, so I don’t want to be using a top 10 pick on someone like Kemp, as I think we are well stocked in the bigger sized mid area.

Considering Kennedy is borderline best 22, I’d agree. Setterfield not so much.

But the argument isn’t whether he would push anyone out of the team, it’s whether a team can be effective with a tall midfield isn’t it?

Kemp is da man for mine.....if he's still available at #9, would be a great win imo.

If we ended up bringing in Eddie, Pitto, Jack, Kemp....and hopefully jag a Sokol or Riccardi with a later pick, I'll have a very happy christmas!!!
Even if you can’t get up the chimney....😉

Was Selwood an ACL though?

Probably not popular opinion in this thread but I like the look of weightman. There can still be busts in the top 10...looks like he has power and skill and a good mix of talent and drive to be an AFL footballer.

Weightman or Stephens for our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back