List Mgmt. Pick 9

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve noticed no one mentions his kicking action or ball distribution it’s vital always has been ,ngood accurate and penetrating kicking with reasonable footy IQ is a great foundation to a quality player. Aerobic capacity and desire to chase the hard ball can be developed to some extent.

If we can turn 9 into One of the Stephens’/Bergman/Pickett it’s a no-brainer.
Cooper Stephens may have been a top 10 if he’d played the champs and Pickett mainly played school footy so both could be steals.
Bergman could be the most talented player in the draft but he could also be another Troy Menzel.
I’d also like us to keep 46 in any pick swap. In this sort of draft there’s a good chance one of the many names mentioned as top 20 picks could be still there.

At 7:15 mark it's mentioned that Caleb Serong actually trained at the Blues this year as part of an AFL scholarship, so we may already have some insight into his ability.

Will be interesting to see what we do if we does fall to our pick given some phantom drafts rank him in the top 5 (outside of this forum at least).
I’m not sold on Young .. will have to review

Why you not sold

The way i see it is there's 13 players that have really been talked about as being the top 13 players. Of this we know with near certainty 6 of these will have no chance of getting to us. They are: Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Green, Flanders, Henry.

That leaves 7 players who could get to us in Ash, Young, Robertson, Serong, McAsey, Kemp & Stephens. Of this group we'll always have 3 to choose from at pick 11 and the options available will depend on GWS, ADE and FREO selections.

Best case scenario we get a slider in Ash or Young or even Robertson although this appears most unlikely based on most phantoms. This could only really happen if 2 of Serong, McAsey and Stephens are taken before us of which there is some interest with 2 of them by Adelaide and Serong possibly at Freo or Sydney. Realistically i think only 1 goes before us i see Freo more likely to take a mid a back and a forward which would be Robertson, Ash/Young and Henry. I don't think they need any more forward/mids like Serong.

McAsey may be available to us but is only really relevant to us for down-trading options as we would never actually take him. Strong chance he won't be there.

So based on all of this... the most probable outcome is that we'll have one of Kemp, Serong and Stephens to choose between.

The way i see it is there's 13 players that have really been talked about as being the top 13 players. Of this we know with near certainty 6 of these will have no chance of getting to us. They are: Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Green, Flanders, Henry.

That leaves 7 players who could get to us in Ash, Young, Robertson, Serong, McAsey, Kemp & Stephens. Of this group we'll always have 3 to choose from at pick 11 and the options available will depend on GWS, ADE and FREO selections.

Best case scenario we get a slider in Ash or Young or even Robertson although this appears most unlikely based on most phantoms. This could only really happen if 2 of Serong, McAsey and Stephens are taken before us of which there is some interest with 2 of them by Adelaide and Serong possibly at Freo or Sydney. Realistically i think only 1 goes before us i see Freo more likely to take a mid a back and a forward which would be Robertson, Ash/Young and Henry. I don't think they need any more forward/mids like Serong.

McAsey may be available to us but is only really relevant to us for down-trading options as we would never actually take him. Strong chance he won't be there.

So based on all of this... the most probable outcome is that we'll have one of Kemp, Serong and Stephens to choose between.

out of the 3 which way do we go

Not sure I saw it anywhere, so here's the outline for the updated insights on the first ten picks after recent pick swaps: https://outline.com/N4UEuK

On the Blues:

"South Australian midfielder Dylan Stephens, ACL victim Brodie Kemp, Serong and Ash are all on Silvagni’s radar, while Young would a great result if he slipped.

The Blues had been seriously considering for Fremantle academy prospect and lethal small forward Liam Henry."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I saw it anywhere, so here's the outline for the updated insights on the first ten picks after recent pick swaps: https://outline.com/N4UEuK

On the Blues:

"South Australian midfielder Dylan Stephens, ACL victim Brodie Kemp, Serong and Ash are all on Silvagni’s radar, while Young would a great result if he slipped.

The Blues had been seriously considering for Fremantle academy prospect and lethal small forward Liam Henry."
LOL - That covers almost everyone but these ungettable guys: Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Green & Flanders.

"........departing Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni........"

seems official

Yea, picked up on that myself.

The other statement that raises an eyebrow:

Melbourne’s second top-10 pick is likely to find a new home before departing Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni uses his final first-round selection.

That to me suggests we're trading pick 9.

LOL - That covers almost everyone but these ungettable guys: Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Green & Flanders.
Big news being Young supposedly slipping, indicating GWS likely to pick Ash when Jackson goes, leading to a top 6 of Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Ash, Green, Flanders.

Throw a blanket over Stephens, Robertson, McAsey, Serong and Kemp for the next 5. Kemp the possibility for us if our faves go (whoever they are).

My preferred top group in order atm would be:

Rowell, Green, Anderson, Young, Stephens, Flanders, Jackson, Henry, Kemp, Robertson, Serong.

Say Young is there, we have to... don't we? Very few have a kick that good, that articulate and accurate, that penetrative, that deep... okay this is getting far too sexual.

In any top draft pick, you want them to have a stand out trait nobody else has. If Young can keep that confidence and get up to speed with the next level, he could be an absolute wheapon.

We don't really need his type but surely we make it work? Maybe pushes SPS back into mids and Willo/Doc up the field a bit more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back