Pick One Player from another club

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's early days but Nic Martin from *
Really? You can have any player and that's the one that you would have. You frequently complain about our recruiting and yet you think that a skinny 21 year old six gamer who nobody has put any work into yet would add the greatest benefit to our team. You're either a contrarian or deadset dreaming.

Really? You can have any player and that's the one that you would have. You frequently complain about our recruiting and yet you think that a skinny 21 year old six gamer who nobody has put any work into yet would add the greatest benefit to our team. You're either a contrarian or deadset dreaming.
It's bloody easy to pick the big names and it's as boring as hell. I'd rather name someone who'd be gettable without selling the farm. It's a bit like fantasy footy, you can't just have stars in the one team, it doesn't work like that. I'm being polite, too, I should just tell you to Essendon off!

It's bloody easy to pick the big names and it's as boring as hell. I'd rather name someone who'd be gettable without selling the farm. It's a bit like fantasy footy, you can't just have stars in the one team, it doesn't work like that. I'm being polite, too, I should just tell you to Essendon off!

Play nice thanks.

The thread is in good fun.

From the OP:-

'If you had one player you could pick that would slot into our team from any other AFL team, who would it be'??

Not a fan of the thread, ignore it!

Albert Proud

We desperately need a KPD. We also need ruck support and a tall forward to provide injury cover to McKay and Charlie.

d70393fb805645d19435ed62a7a9c61e7bef3bb4-16x9-x597y100w1993h1121.jpg

:p :p :p

I used to like you ferris.

Best player to play the third tall defender role, lets go with James Sicily. Followed by the best CHB probably Darcy Moore. Third choice a ruckman, followed by Max Gawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quaynor from pies, or starcevich from the lions. Still feel like we haven’t gotten a reliable medium sized defender to stop those forwards who get off the leash time and time again.

Quaynor from pies, or starcevich from the lions. Still feel like we haven’t gotten a reliable medium sized defender to stop those forwards who get off the leash time and time again.

Good choice of Quanyor, he is a jet.

However, in an ideal world, I would take Luke Jackson, such a prodigious and talented utility for a big man, does any job Melbourne ask him to do (ruck, foward or backline) with aplomb.

Gibcus from Richmond would be a handy Jones replacement too.

Good choice of Quanyor, he is a jet.

However, in an ideal world, I would take Luke Jackson, such a prodigious and talented utility for a big man, does any job Melbourne ask him to do (ruck, foward or backline) with aplomb.

Gibcus from Richmond would be a handy Jones replacement too.
I was just picking for need, if I was picking for talent then it’ll have to be buddy Franklin. Slot him on the wing 🙃

Matt Rowell

Serious question: is he truly gettable, and if so, what would you have to give to get him?

Silly question: would we trade all of Marchbank, Gov, Dow and OMac for enough picks to package up to get him?

Why would we want another inside mid with no outside game?…

Unless we’re going back to shortened quarters with higher rotations played predominantly in Queensland…

IMO he is a special talent and would make us unstoppable alongside Walsh, in Cripps latter years. Not an immediate need though.

Last edited:
A bit of a different one but on recent form, Bailey Fritsch would be fantastic, he reminds me of Jack Gunston and he was the leading goal kicker in 2021, i don’t see anyone comparable in our side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back